Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Design and develop our next-generation products. You will join a team in developing embedded multi-platform applications on our In-Flight Entertainment system. You will work on applications that control the distribution and installation of software and content among the various airside units within the system. This role has specific technical projects or product responsibilities.
• Designs, modifies and implements software applications from functional and system design specifications.
• Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
• Develops software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages their implementation.
• Develop automation tests to ensure high software quality for your output.
• Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness.
• Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes design interfaces and specifications.
• Prepares, reviews, and evaluates test plans and procedures.
• Analyzes and allocates requirements as necessary.
• Supports system test programs and analyzes system testing results.
• Maintains the developed software efficiently through a solid knowledge of software lifecycles.
• Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
What we’re looking for:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field.
• 5+ years of embedded application software development experience in C and C++.
• Strong skill with C and C++ application development in a Linux environment is required.
• Experience working with TCP/IP network programming is highly desirable.
• Embraced version control software (git).
• Experience working in a CICD pipeline and creating automation tests.
• Ability to resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently. IFE development involves many system level issues including real time, performance and reliability requiring understanding of distributed processors in an embedded system environment. Many problems are multi-dimensional requiring non-traditional solutions to fit within the constraints of an embedded system providing highest value to the customer and end user to bring entertainment in an aircraft.
• Experience working using an Agile Software Development process, preferably SCRUM.
• Strong Object-oriented or object-based software design skills.
• Applied scripting techniques (shell scripting, Python) to improve efficiency.
• Demonstrated strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.