Panasonic – Electronic Engineering Co-op
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Review design requirements for various safety classes and draft Teradiode's design guideline for reliable and high-performance electronics.
- Document Panasonic's electronics design rules and preferred vendors. Such effort is essential for compatibility with Panasonic's manufacturing capabilities to provide a seamless ow from design to manufacturing between TeraDiode and Panasonic Smart Factory Solutions (PSFS) division.
- Engage in Analog and Digital Electronics design, simulation, and prototyping. This includes draw schematics, design PCB layouts, generate Gerber and NC Drill _les, and documentation.
- Program Micro-Controllers and Digital Signal Processors (DSP) to provide accurate and timely execution of control algorithms and reliable communication with end user.
- Interact with Omnify to upload documents, introduce new parts, release ECOs, etc.
- Engage in vendor qualification and price negotiation. Communication with vendors may be required to feedback manufacturing issues, devise solutions, and monitor process capability of the vendors.
- Help manufacturing engineers to prepare Work Instructions (WI) and facilitate releasing NPI/ECM projects to production. Additionally, the CO-OP will monitor production closely to report project manager of potential assembly/manufacturing issues. Such feedback helps revising the designs to best fit TeraDiode's manufacturing capabilities.
What You’ll Bring:Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Enrolled in a 4 year technical program
- Proficient in SolidWorks or an equivalent mechanical design software package.
- History creating, reviewing and reading technical drawings. GD&T a plus.
- Experience in the design and development process with emphasis on precision and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to interpret analysis and test results
- Effective, hard worker with a team player “can-do” approach
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.