This role is responsible for
1) the verifications and validations of electronics components, controllers, and subsystem in Hussmann products.
2) Data acquisition systems and sensors for the laboratory calibration, continuous improvements, and acquisition of new sensing capabilities to improve test productivity and viability. The role will be engaged in cross functional activities related to electronics and electromechanical systems and testing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review/verify system level design and assemblies including components such as: sensors, wiring harnesses, enclosures, and power supplies.
- Analyze / Review design of application specific electronics including 3rd party components for system compatibility and regulatory compliance.
- Develop performance and qualification test methods, coordinate the implementation of experiments, and evaluate test results.
- Participate in formal design reviews of systems and subsystems.
- Ensure calibration of lab test equipment to meet UL DAP requirements.
- Identify/review/design test and measurement systems
- Maintain and improve data acquisitions systems and equipment.
- Support IoT transformation within Laboratory Operations and product platforms,
- Support the development of instructions, user manuals, technical notes, troubleshooting and testing documents for inclusion in product documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Three or more years of experience in equipment controls, sensors, MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) and/or other electronic systems.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the electronics and equipment interfaces.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with data acquisition and measurement sensing devices
- Experience in validating hardware and software operation in systems and subsystems.
- Experience with electronic analysis methodologies, solid state and modulating systems
- Ability to work independently, as well as, on a project team.
- Familiarity with DFMEA, DVP&R, ALT, HALT, HAST, is a plus