Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Performing QET and electrical preventative maintenance support of 24/7 plant operations.
- Providing on-call QET support to the plant, which includes but is not limited to:
- Breaker Reset
- LOTO Confirmation
- ZVV Check which includes LOTO
- Planned System/Line Shutdown
- Providing the Controls Production Support Team (CPST) with electrical systems expertise:
- High power (480VAC and above) troubleshooting and modification
- Conduit work
- Cable/wire pulls
- Performing Electrical Preventative Maintenance (PM), which includes, but is not limited to:
- Grounding/bonding issues
- Cable management
- Ensuring all electrical connections/terminations are secure/tight
- Ensuring all Control Panels and Junction Boxes are clean and have a positive pressure clean/dry air system installed
- Perform normally scheduled electrical system maintenance
- Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting electrical systems and electromechanical control systems up to 480VAC.
- Understanding of electrical hardware, schematics, wiring diagrams, and SOP’s.
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting activities on control systems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience with various mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical control system components.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift (day or night) to support 24/7 battery manufacturing QET and Electrical PM support.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas.
- Strong documentation skills.
- 3+ years of manufacturing electrical technician experience performing maintenance and electrical troubleshooting is preferred.
- Internal candidates must be PENA QET certified.
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling/grounding/shielding, wire gauge/terminations, and load/temperature requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NEC NFPA 70 and 79 codes.
- Familiarity with ISA standards and symbology.
- Knowledge regarding electrical requirements in hazardous locations (Class I, Div 2).
- Experience with 480VAC panel installations.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.