Hardware Engineering Summer Intern – Electrical
Panasonic Avionics Corporation – Bothell, WA
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is seeking motivated Hardware Engineering Interns to join our growing Hardware Engineering team in our Bothell, WA office. This paid internship will start in May/June and continue through August/September 2024 with an opportunity to potentially continue through the school year.
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.
Systems Installation Engineering (SIE) is responsible for integrating the Panasonic In Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems onboard multiple aircraft platforms. We design and install systems for virtually all Boeing and Airbus aircraft. The Electrical Engineering department is responsible to interface Panasonic systems from an electrical standpoint and ensure we meet all OEM and regulatory requirements.
Internship Areas of Focus (Please identify preferred area in resume and/or cover letter)
- Electrical Engineering for Aircraft Systems
- Researching the Aircraft interconnections for system integration
- Reviewing Aircraft Loads and verify how PAC Systems integrate with the Aircraft Wire and System Design
- Designing optimization reviews
- Electrical Engineering for In-seat IFE systems.
- Reviewing system component compatibility and calculate electrical loads within the passenger seat environment.
- Creating In-seat wiring diagrams/drawings and connectivity drawings for seat mounted equipment.
What you bring to the internship:
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree who will be a Junior or Senior in Fall 2024, or current master’s level student
- Electrical Engineering majors preferred
- Ability to plan engineering activities to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
- Generally applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Occasional lifting of LRU weight up 35 Lbs may be required.
To be considered, please attach a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in joining our PAC. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
Visit us at www.panasonic.aero to learn more!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.