Panasonic – Electrical Engineer
What You'll Get to Do:
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
- Develop schematic, BOM and layout for battery protection circuit, using Zuken software development tools. EE2 receives some support in design.
- Support in design review of the product with Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Product Engineering, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Project Management (PM), Certifications, etc. during development. . Discussions is mainly led by EE2. Other electrical engineers and managers will be present to support.
- Evaluate the design by testing the functions of protection circuit based on test procedure and create test reports. EE2 receives some support from other Engineers.
- Develop electrical test procedure for battery. Managers and other EEs will support and check.
- Prepare and release official documentation and information. Managers and other EEs will support, check, and approve.
- Training of other EEs.
What You'll Bring:Education & Experience: Degree required/preferred
- BS in Electrical Engineer or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- Requires at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Zuken CAD software or other software such as Altium, OrCAD.
- Experience with bench laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generator, power supplies and DMM.
- Handy with a soldering iron necessary for designing, prototyping and testing products.
- Experience with MS Office and other normal PC programs.
- Deeply understand of discrete semiconductor devices is required such as Mosfet, BJT, Diode, Zener, Varistor, Thermal Fuse, etc.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit is required.
- Knowledge of battery protection circuit, Fuel gauge ICs and protection ICs is required.
- Knowledge of communication protocol, such as I2C, SMBus, HDQ, CAN, RS232, RS485, is not required but is beneficial.
- Understanding of UL 2054/IEC62133 and UNDOT 38.3
- Analytical, good technical foundation, problem solver. Should be innovative, take the initiative to address problems and find solutions
- Technical writing and speaking in English is clear enough to be understood by native English and non-native English speakers.
- Required level of persuasion is low to moderate. Direct discussion with the customer is rare. Supports in discussion with Japan design team.
- Japanese is not required but is beneficial.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.