Participates in development teams under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Performs in the design, development, modification, and electronic components and systems under general guidance.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Creates electrical requirement design documents, customer specification, and drawing and maintain for the internal and external customer.
- Understands the entire system and respond to technical inquiries from customers based on the design basis.
- Analysis for Electromagnetic Capability (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), and/or Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) problems, and so on for the vehicle testing, then work with the Engineering design team and provide the troubleshooting and countermeasures.
- Participates in developing the design process procedure and plans to develop experimental test programs and Proof of Concepts (POC's) with the design team based on the customer's requests.
- Identifies areas of improvement in engineering process and develops process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Coordinates test activities with customer and provides technical reports to internal and external customers.
- Assists in developing test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Provides assistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of three (3) years of experience; or a minimum of six (6) years of electric design experience in electronics products.
- Must have experience of design ability of the vehicle equipment (IVI, Display, Amplifire, etc.)
- Must have experience in electrical measurement tools (Oscilloscope, Audio/Spectrum analyzer, Multimeter, Signal generator, etc).
- Ability to analyze software debugging tools (e.g. ICE).
- Ability to put together system benches.
- Ability to do vehicle install of system components.
- Ability to test/reflash system components.
- Ability to support customer events.
- Must be able to demonstrate discipline to documentation and design approaches using customer’s software tool.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows based databases appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Experience in the following:
- Vehicle testing (EMC, noise, ESD, Voltage fluctuation, System, etc).
- Vehicle communication interface (Ethernet, A2B, MOST, UART, CAN, I2C, SPI, etc).
- Radio reception evaluations.
- Electric CAD (Zuken)
- Automotive infotainment development.
- System/electrical engineering in an automotive environment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.