Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Responsible for assisting in engineering IFE projects within the Systems Installation group from an electrical seat design standpoint; from systems integration to installation. Shall be responsible to plan, engineer, design and develop system installation packages based on customers, regulatory and OEM's requirements for production and retrofit applications. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
Support Systems Installation Group
- Support Program Management, Certification, Marketing and other departments to plan and coordinate program requirements.
- Provide support for customer meetings, preliminary design review (PDR), critical design review (CDR), First Article Inspection (FAI), etc.
- Review products and provide feedback to Senior Engineers and Management.
- Provide solutions and recommendations to Project Lead.
- Coordinate design requirements and review applications for existing programs.
- Work with external engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with our systems.
Engineer, Design and Develop System Installation Packages
- Engineer projects from a wiring seat integration design standpoint under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
- Engineer and coordinate electrical, and seat installation system designs for new aircraft production and retrofit applications.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting.
- Utilize AutoCAD, CATIA, PRO-E or equivalent design tool to perform design responsibilities for wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, seat configuration, wiring installation drawings, etc.
- Provide inputs to Drafters for systems design criteria to support aircraft installations.
- Assist in the guidance and direction for problem solving to Drafters.
- Perform work distribution to Drafters as required under Senior Engineer's guidance.
- Assist in the development of drawing/document standards per customer and regulatory agency requirements.
- Design and develop in-flight entertainment electrical and seat installation engineering documentation to support airline customer's requirements.
- Documentation includes aircraft wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, seat configuration and wire installation drawings etc.
What We're Looking For:
- BSEE, BSME or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- 3-6 years' of electrical/mechanical/seat design experience in the aircraft industry.
- Possess an understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and design requirements for aircraft wiring.
- Knowledgeable of avionic component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies and sheet metal brackets (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types, sheet metal materials, finish, etc.).
- Ability to apply knowledge of avionic structural/wiring/seat design to develop unique system solutions.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, CATIA, PRO-E or other design software experience.
- Proficient in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Solid understanding of aircraft and avionic terms.
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Use professional concepts; apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within the Systems Installation Engineering field.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both written and verbally
- This position requires up to 25% travel to support coordination meetings and program reviews at manufacturers.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.