Responsible for monitoring required safety plans, audits, and training requirements and strives to ensure that plans and inspections are completed and up-to-date. Expected to uphold and comply with all regulatory, corporate and site-specific policies, procedures, and safety rules.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Support EHS Supervisor and Site management to implement Safety, Health and Environmental programs.
- Assist the EHS Supervisor to ensure that all personnel working on the property follow PASA policies and safety requirements.
- Implement corrective and preventive actions to minimize safety risks
- Conduct daily safety Audits and Workplace observations and reporting incidents
- Conduct Safety trainings and preventive communications
- Conducting incident/ accident investigation procedures
- Maintain and update SOP’s as needed for all safe work practices and equipment
- Coordinate and conducts Site Training Plans such as employee orientations; emergency response training, and modular training programs for the Operation
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected
- Coordinate with EHS Supervisor and Operations Director on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements
- Review accidents and incidents, which occur in responsibility and conduct audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective HSE is implemented and working
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or a related field preferred.
- Relevant work experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Safety Certifications is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with ISO 14001 certification
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations including but not limited to IMDS, OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must have the ability to function with multiple tasks and interface with other disciplines.
Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation.
Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong customer service skills.
Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed including strong presentation skills.
Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
Ability to travel as required of the position.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.