The EHS Manager will develop, implement, coordinate and monitor employee safety programs aimed at prevention and early intervention. Provide Leadership for strategic safety initiatives. Areas of responsibility include regulatory compliance in ESH, ergonomics, worksite safety practices, workers compensation and safety documentation. Maintain reporting and recordkeeping requirements for all EPA and OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state legislation; recommend mitigation as necessary and determine methods for improved accident and loss prevention. Ensure compliance with ADA, EPA, OSHA, and other related areas.
- Enhance/improve the welfare of employees and the organization through education, behavioral change, cultural support and the continual process of safety improvement in a quality, cost effective manner. Work effectively with site leadership to make positive changes.
- Reduce the incidence of site illness/injury by developing and implementing aggressive, proactive educational and intervention programs such behavioral safety, ergonomics, ect. Conduct/facilitate training seminars in order to provide employees with information regarding safe working practices and accident prevention methods.
- Demonstrate the positive financial impact of focusing on safety prevention in selected key organizational indicators; i.e. insurance experience rates, workers comp. costs, lost workdays, ect.
- Ensure proper coordination of all elements workers compensation, with the main focus on employees returning to work programs; including claims analysis and settlement recommendations; review and verify all medical, legal investigative and rehabilitation reports.
- Prepare statistical reports/ documentation on employee injuries and accidents as requested or required. Review investigation reports and take appropriate actions; develop strategies to prevent future recurrences.
- Initiate and coordinated required annual medical screening programs according to OSHA requirements and Hussmann policy.
Scope & Dimensions: Facility is +300,000 sq./ft. and business is engineer to order commercial and light industrial refrigeration solutions.
- Bachelors degree in safety and or related field of study required
- 4 + years of applicable experience
- Management experience preferred