Panasonic is looking for interns to join our creative team in the Environment, Health and Safety department. Our team members are hard-working, goal-oriented, and creative, and they are looking for interns to train. The interns hired for this position should expect to learn all facets of manufacturing and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge. Also, this internship program is highly regarded in our field, so successful participation will be a great addition to your resume.
- Work on projects, programs, and improvement ideas in environment, health and safety areas
- Work on elements of the Safety and Environmental Management systems
- Updating and maintaining EHS documentation to support standardization
- Investigate issues and nonconformities, help identify root and contributing causes and makes suggestions for corrective and preventive measures
- Analyze and organize data to show trends and help prioritize focus areas that will make the biggest impact to the business
- Bring an outsider’s perspective and come up with improvement suggestions that challenge current processes
- Collaborate with other functional areas and interns to leverage processes and ideas to and from other parts of the business
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Bachelor’s degree program in Environmental, Health or Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or other related Safety related field
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited four-year college or university
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Bachelor’s Degree program
- Basic knowledge of project management processes and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Hands-on experience through project teams or previous jobs
- A desire to create a sustainable future through energy storage, renewable energy, and electric vehicles
- The program will be a fulltime paid summer internship working for Panasonic at the Gigafactory
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student during the time of the internship at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years at an accredited four-year college or university.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- The program will be 12 weeks in length, and is planned to occur between Monday, May 23rd and Friday, August 12th. This date range is subject to change
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.