EHS Compliance Manager
Globally, Panasonic is committed to creating a better life and a better world, continuously contributing to the evolution of society and happiness of people around the world.
Locally, Panasonic Energy is making the world’s #1, highest performance and quality battery in a high-volume manufacturing environment. In order to achieve this exciting goal, we are committed to meeting our very strict quality and safety targets.
The EHS Compliance Manager will manage and build the environmental, health and safety management systems and team by establishing procedures and KPI’s for our Li-ion battery manufacturing processes.
- Develop and effectively implement EHS Management Systems in partnership with our EHS team members, our Quality Management System and the broader PENA teams.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards as well as provide support for compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Ensure the PENA EHS Management System elements are applied effectively in coordination with EHS Management and Leadership teams.
- Collaborate with all departments and stakeholders to ensure that EHSMS standards and expectations are clearly defined and communicated. Actively work with PENA stakeholders to ensure that production changes result in improved controls of risks to health, safety and the environment.
- In a high demand workplace, collaborate and support with production and support teams as we work towards the organization’s EHS strategic goals and best-in-class mentality.
- Coordinate management reviews including preparation of the agenda, presentation, and report.
- Lead and conduct audit activities (internal or with external partners) including identification of EHS issues and driving actions to resolve.
- Perform audits and inspections, document results, and ensure actions to closure.
- Manage teams and documentation to perform such audits and inspections. Train and mentor audit team members as needed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain EHS policies, programs and procedures that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and conformance with the company’s integrated management system.
- Create and conduct ISO training sessions to increase employee awareness and understanding of requirements.
- Work in concert with the training department on relevant EHS training programs; this may include content development and training facilitation.
- Monitor and administer EHS management system and tools. (e.g., CAPAs, audits, incident reporting, performance dashboards, action trackers, etc.).
- Manage/support the equipment risk assessments, process hazard analyses, and change management processes.
- Analyze incident trends and use risk-assessment methods to identify continuous improvement projects that reduce risk of injury to people or the environment.
- Manages EHS team members to achieve the above goals.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor's degree in science-related field from four-year accredited College or University.
- Preferred: Master’s degree from accredited College or University.
- ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Certification.
- Experience in implementation and auditing ISO Management Systems.
- 3-5 year work experience in Manufacturing or large scale operations.
- Familiarity of existing environmental and occupational safety regulations and guidelines including but not limited EPA, RCRA, CWA, SWPPP, SPCC, OSHA, NFPA 70E, ANSI, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to drive effective results.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- EHS experience with manufacturing or large scale operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.