Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- The EHS Clerk position will support the production team in the areas of production reporting, document control, time clock administration, and visual aids throughout the process. It requires an individual with good interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a high-volume production environment.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Promote a culture of quality, safety, compliance and continuous improvement throughout the PENA organization.
- Provide administrative support to EHS Staff members.
- Provide injury/illness reporting support to Workers Compensation specialist.
- Maintain training documents within into EHS document control library and databases.
- Maintain EHS recordkeeping and provide relevant information to production staff.
- Provide logistical support to EHS staff with respect to injuries and incidents. For example, assist with transporting PENA employees to medical services. Assist and maintain taxi voucher program documents.
- Maintain inventory for EHS office supplies and PPE items.
- Schedule and support travel arrangements, if needed.
- Maintain department SOP’s and Quality documents.
- Experience with ISO document procedures.
- Maintains EHS supply and PPE inventory.
- Partners with other department production clerks to help maintain and support EHS programs and policies.
- Completes and updates EHS charts and metrics as necessary.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Proficiency in document control
- Must be detail oriented.
- Associates Degree in Business preferred. from an accredited college or university, or one (1) or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or
- 2 years of manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) or Nevada State EMT certification.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.