Document Management Specialists are responsible to manage all documents and records electronically. Assist in the maintenance of the organization's document management systems and related processes. Enforce and create, when necessary, policies and procedures that aid in capturing, storing, retrieving, sharing, and destroying electronic records and documents.
Assist in the assessment of existing systems and procedures to determine their effectiveness and efficiency, in conjunction with CI team. Assist process owner to determine if there is a need for updating documentation. Help to identify the requirements of various departments in managing their documents. Assist in the review of document requests to ensure that the organization's document management systems and procedures comply with necessary ISO requirements.
- Works under direct supervision performing tasks that are routine to semi-routine in nature.
- Updates entries in computerized quality management system and other databases.
- Review and document control requests vs PENA QMS and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs audits for document compliance and provide advice to QMS users and follows up on open audit findings
- Helps maintain the integrity of document formats.
- Works closely with management during client and regulatory audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining the Quality statements on workplace review boards in process
- Works closely with process owners to follow up on Gemba Walks findings of non-compliant documents in process
- Reviews and manages forms and records required through documentation and ensures that the correct document is being used and properly filled out in process.
- Ensures that records are being maintained in accordance with the record retention schematic
- Review of incoming doc change requests for verification of effectiveness and necessity
- Assist with the implementation of eQMS and integrity of Doc Control through the process
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience is required.
- Experience in organizations certified on ISO 9001
- Audit Documentation experience
- Document Control Experience in an ISO 9001 environment
- Experience managing CAPA
- Clear understanding of Record Control
- Clear and respectful communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and PDM.
- Experience using databases and Quality Systems required.
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable and flexible with strong organizational skills.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Document Control Specialist
- Document Controller Certification
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.