Document Control Analyst II
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
- Executes configuration control tasks per corporate configuration management policy and rules specified by configuration management group
- Provides technical and process assistance to Engineers and internal company departments for proper configuration control procedure.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Operations, and Marketing Departments to ensure appropriate changes are documented.
- Creates, maintains, and processes change orders, stop orders, notices, and requests.
- Creates and verifies part numbers for documents in conformance to internal and regulatory compliance.
- Communicates changes to appropriate internal departments.
- Supports and assists subject matter experts with document management system and record management procedures in order to conform to defined formats.
- Reviews documents for accuracy, completeness, and consistency of document format.
- Ensures documents meet standards for production.
- Conducts periodic internal audits to ensure that procedural documentation is in compliance and provides support during corporate audits.
- Prepares process and status reports for immediate Supervisor.
- Participates in internal Change Review Board.
- Updates logs and databases.
- Maintains archival activities for controlled documents including engineering drawings, project report specifications, product proposals, and documentation.
- Participates in special project as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Familiar with Agile PLM software
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with company employees at all levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to multitask and apply priority to projects with adaptability and urgency while meeting timelines.
- Ability to work independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively follow procedures and work instructions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Must have a basic understanding of standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of FAA/ISO regulatory requirements.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing or equivalent.
- ISO Auditing Certificate.
- 4-6 years experience working in a technical, compliance-oriented environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.