The District Safety Leader supports Environmental Health and Safety for Hussmann Services in the Great Lakes District. You will report to our EHS Manager.
- Supervision and coordination of all EHS related activities within the facilities assigned, to support management with the implementation of EHS standards and requirements.
- Conduct and manage EHS inspections & audits in accordance with Hussmann policy
- Implement and maintain (revise as necessary) local EHS programs based on Company policies and other regulations
- Liaison with local authority, community and other external bodies regarding EHS issues
- Provide EHS consultation to all departments of the district
- Recognize acute hazards and recommend or make immediate corrections
- Coordinate and conduct EHS related training
- Participate in incident investigation and/or emergency response at District location(s)
- Administrative responsibilities (examples: SDS Sheets, data entry, Workers' Compensation, maintain KPIs, Maintain injury & illness recordkeeping)
- Travel required (up to 60%), including overnight
- Bachelor's degree or 10 + years of equivalent experience
- 5+years Environmental Health & Safety work experience in construction
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering and commercial refrigeration
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA required
- OSHA 30 or similar certification
- Have valid driver's license
- Have physical capability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds
- Self-starter, with general instructions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Assist on multiple projects, including with cross function teams
- Knowledge and practice implementing ISO14001 & OHS Management systems
- Analyze data and communicate trends in EHS performance
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.