Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity! How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain Global Total Rewards strategy and programs related to employees’ benefits, wellness, and compensation and ensure training and communication to HR organization and people leaders. Designs and implements base pay, incentive, recognition, and benefits programs that reflect the organization's total rewards philosophy. Provides consultation on executive compensation matters to senior executives and HR. Partners with Legal, Finance and outside firms, as necessary, to ensure programs are externally competitive, internally equitable, legally compliant, and aligned with the company’s strategy, culture, and future challenges. Develops compensation budgets, procedures, and policies to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation. Oversees job evaluation, market pricing, and benefits design. Recognizes that our employees are our best asset and will ensure that they and their team deliver world-class service.
Total Rewards Strategy:
- Design, develop and execute on a comprehensive global total rewards strategy that aligns with our culture and business strategy, allowing us to attract, retain, and motivate top talent, including, but not limited to, compensation program design, analysis and modeling, budgeting and implementation of new programs.
- Oversee strategic projects including building out our global total rewards strategy and framework as well as continuous improvement of existing programs such as the development of new incentive plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits programs, policies, guidelines and procedures. Recommend and develop data driven program revisions which are directly linked to the organization’s strategy and are consistent with PAC’s rewards philosophy.
- Partners with HRBPs and HR Centers of Excellence (COE) to develop innovative solutions that increase operational effectiveness while leveraging systems and technology.
- Owns the communications strategy for Total Rewards, ensuring our leaders, managers and employees understand the company’s Total Rewards philosophy and all that’s being offered.
- In partnership with Finance, develop compensation budgets, to ensure equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders and managers across the organization to ensure our compensation structure supports our strategic objectives.
- Together with the team reporting to this position, determine, develop, and direct initiatives for the market pricing, evaluation, grading, titling, and leveling of positions across the system to ensure sound, sustainable and consistent job structure, as well as fair and equitable pay aligned with relevant labor markets.
- Oversee creation and enhancement of incentive designs and other compensation programs that further our business strategy. Collaborate directly with subject matter experts across organization to include Finance and HR and company leadership to ensure incentive designs are measured and operating effectively and are in alignment with business strategy.
- Review and approve recommendations regarding salary grades or market rates for complex / executive roles. Advise on issues related to salaries and job classifications.
- Oversee the administration of merit-rating programs. Review and approve merit pools. Review salary increases for compliance with company policy and budget
- In partnership with team members (including Panasonic NA Shared Services for US Benefits), the Total Rewards Leader is responsible for developing the global benefits & wellness strategy, managing benefits & wellness programs, and creating policies and procedures that are efficient, customer-oriented, and compliant with all laws and regulations. Work with senior leadership to evaluate success of benefits programs.
- Develop and directs the execution and delivery of benefits plans, programs, and initiatives that enhance the well-being of employees, recognize dedicated service, and provide opportunities to build retirement income.
- Determine, develop, and direct initiatives for the administration of health and welfare benefits plans including medical, dental, group life and AD&D, long term disability, personal accident, and critical illness insurance, group legal, group voluntary benefits, paid leave, and leave of absence programs.
- Remain current on all HR policies, programs and practices and stays informed of new and pending laws and regulations. Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements. Advise on state and federal employment regulations, compensation policies, personnel procedures, and classification programs. Advise on compensation policies and practices. Ensure training and communication materials are up to date as programs change.
- Oversee department budget.
- Provide leadership to and direct supervision of total rewards team members through effective coaching, team development, and performance management.
- Perform compensation-related merger/acquisition/divestiture work as necessary – due diligence, retention, and integration
- Lead compensation-related projects and initiatives involving multiple stakeholders with significant strategic and financial impact.
- Translate regulatory and policy governance / requirements into clear guidance for business leaders and HR organization to achieve desired outcome.
What we’re looking for:
- Must have successful track record of leading the Total Rewards function in a complex, diverse organization with the demonstrated ability to strategically plan and execute best practices and large-scale initiatives across the organization.
- Must desire to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in complex project management with the ability to deliver quality recommendations and solutions.
- A collaborative, positive, and team-oriented attitude with the ability to work independently and take initiative to identify and anticipate business needs related to compensation and benefits.
- Experience working in a multi-national organization.
- Ability to work in ambiguity, adapt to change, and take a global view.
- Previous experience with Workday software a plus.
- Extensive business knowledge with comprehensive understanding of Total Rewards.
- Advanced verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communicational skills to include presenting complex concepts to executives.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines in addition to Total Rewards to include employee engagement, performance management, federal and state employment laws (e.g., sick and leave regulations), HRIS, and payroll.
- Experience in Total Rewards technology best practices and solutions.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PPT), and HRIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field. MBA or master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience with an emphasis in global compensation, and global benefits, with at least five years at the management level leading a Total Rewards function.
- CCP – Certified Compensation Professional, GRP – Global Remuneration Professional, CBP – Certified Benefits Professional or CEBS – Certified Employee Benefits Specialist preferred
- Managerial courage
- Business acumen
- Organizational agility
- Political savvy and interpersonal savvy
- Intellectual horsepower
- Fostering customer focus
- Cultivating networks and partnerships
- Energizing the organization
- Strategic agility
- Leading change
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Ability for up to 5% travel.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.