Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Develop, deploy and maintain Global Total Rewards programs related to employees’ benefits, wellness and compensation. Designs and implements base pay, incentive, recognition and benefits programs that reflect the organization's total rewards philosophy. Ensures programs are externally competitive, internally equitable, legally compliant, and aligned with the company’s strategy, culture and future challenges. Oversees job evaluation, market pricing, and benefits design. Recognizes that our employees are our best asset and will ensure that they and their team deliver world-class service.
Total Rewards Strategy:
- Design, develop and execute on a comprehensive global total rewards strategy that aligns with our culture and business strategy, allowing us to attract, retain, and motivate top talent, including, but not limited to, compensation program design, analysis and modeling, budgeting and implementation of new programs.
- Oversee strategic projects including building out our global compensation strategy and framework as well as continuous improvement of existing programs such as the development of new incentive plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits programs, policies, guidelines and procedures. Recommend and develop data driven program revisions which are directly linked to the organization’s strategy and are consistent with PAC’s rewards philosophy.
- Partners with HRBPs and HR Centers of Excellence (COE) to develop innovative solutions that increase operational effectiveness while leveraging systems and technology. Owns the communications strategy and plan for compensation and benefits, ensuring our employees understand all that’s being offered.
- Together with the team reporting to this position, determine, develop, and direct initiatives for the market pricing, evaluation, grading, titling, and leveling of positions across the system to ensure sound, sustainable and consistent job structure, as well as fair and equitable pay aligned with relevant labor markets.
- Oversee creation and enhancement of incentive designs and other compensation programs that further our business strategy. Collaborate directly with subject matter experts across organization to include Finance and HR and company leadership to ensure incentive designs are measured and operating effectively and are in alignment with business strategy.
- Review and approve recommendations regarding salary grades or market rates for complex / executive roles. Advise on issues related to salaries and job classifications.
- Oversee the administration of merit-rating programs. Review and approve merit pools. Review salary increases for compliance with company policy and budget.
- Together and in partnership with team members (including Panasonic NA Shared Services for US Benefits), the Total Rewards Leader is responsible for developing the benefits & wellness strategy, managing benefits & wellness programs, and creating policies and procedures that are efficient, customer-oriented, and compliant with all laws and regulations. Work with senior leadership to evaluate success of benefits programs.
- Develop and directs the execution and delivery of benefits plans, programs, and initiatives that enhance the well-being of employees, recognize dedicated service, and provide opportunities to build retirement income.
- Determine, develop, and direct initiatives for the administration of health and welfare benefits plans including medical, dental, group life and AD&D, long term disability, personal accident, and critical illness insurance, group legal, group voluntary benefits, paid leave, and leave of absence programs.
- Remain current on all HR policies, programs and practices and stays informed of new and pending laws and regulations. Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements. Advise on state and federal employment regulations, compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs. Advise on compensation policies and practices. Ensure training and communication materials are up to date as programs change.
- Oversee department budget.
- Provide leadership to and direct supervision of total rewards team members through effective coaching and performance management.
- Must have successful track record of leading the global compensation and benefits functions in a complex, diverse organization with the demonstrated ability to strategically plan and execute large scale initiatives across the organization.
- A positive team-oriented attitude with the ability to work independently and take initiative to identify and anticipate business needs related to compensation and benefits
- Experience working in a global organization.
- Ability to work in ambiguity, adapt to change and take a global view.
- Previous experience with Workday software a plus.
- Extensive business knowledge with comprehensive understanding of Total Rewards.
- Advanced analytical skills utilizing Excel required.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communicational skills to include presenting complex concepts to executives.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines in addition to total rewards to include employee engagement, performance management, federal and state employment laws (e.g. sick and leave regulations), HRIS, and payroll.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PPT), and HRIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience with an emphasis in compensation, and benefits (desired) with at least five years at the management level.
- CCP – Certified Compensation Professional, GRP – Global Remuneration Professional, CBP – Certified Benefits Professional or CEBS – Certified Employee Benefits Specialist preferred
- Managerial courage
- Business acumen
- Organizational agility
- Political savvy and interpersonal savvy
- Intellectual horsepower
- Fostering customer focus
- Cultivating networks and partnerships
- Energizing the organization
- Strategic agility
- Leading change
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Ability to travel up to 25% travel to domestic locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.