Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
A key business leader in the Panasonic Technical Services (PTS) organization with a broad scope of responsibilities. Directs the Product Support Engineering function for PAC as an equipment OEM which involves maintaining visibility of and coordinating complex field issue troubleshooting and resolution action activities in conjunction with Customers, Field Technical Teams and the Engineering Organization. Ensures the PTS operational team consistently uses best technical and operational practices across all operational locations, by producing and supplying Technical Training, Technical Publications, Fleet Management Services, Line & Repair Capability Support. Develops PTS Technical Services function as a revenue and profit generating business while ensuring all activities are in compliance with government legislation, regulations as well as current company standards & policies.
- Develops and Manages a Technical Services team responsible for the technical performance of service programs, retrofit programs, repair operations and any other PTS related technical activity.
- Product Support Engineering:
- Work with and provide technical issue insight to Customer Support / Field Engineering globally, managing complex field issue troubleshooting and corrective action activities in conjunction with the Engineering Organization.
- Reliability Analysis and Engineering.
- Develops infrastructure and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of PAC customer support processes.
- Technical Training: Authors and manages curriculum and training programs for internal and external customers (Cabin Crew, Maintainers & Other).
- Technical Publications authoring and management.
- Fleet Operations: Manages the ongoing configuration and delivery of SW and content to airline customers.
- Capability & tester support for line and repair operations: Ensures PTS and 3rd Party operational sites have the appropriate resources to perform at the standards and practices specified in the company MOE.
- Rack development/production and support.
- Ensures that communications between PTS personnel and external customers are conducted meeting PAC corporate standards.
- Manages chargeable ad-hoc support provision: Supplies technical services such as on-wing, lease-transfer, technical advisory, training services to PACs customer base.
- Participate in the development of PTS strategic plans and objectives.
- Provides leadership and oversight to ensure seamless, efficient, and effective execution of the strategic/operational direction.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Lead staff to implement department objectives & ensure each site is operating within budget.
- Authors, interprets and/or provides input to departmental & company-wide policies and practices.
- Expert knowledge and experience of global civil aviation regulations and requirements
- Expert knowledge of aviation maintenance training and technical publications methods and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present to executive decision makers.
- Strong Technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment & Communications (IFEC) systems and related components.
- Advanced knowledge of component and aircraft level maintenance (Commercial Aviation)
- Excellent understanding of financial controls and budgets.
- Ability to organize and implement department objectives.
- Makes decisions and executes on strategic direction as defined by executive management.
- Ability to plan, assign, train, and direct employees.
- Ability to interview, hire, and appraise employees.
- Highly developed team building skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent related work experience.
- 15 years experience managing aerospace technical resources; avionics industry preferred.
- 5 years project/program management experience
- 15 years’ experience in the field of technical operations including field services
- 10 years of increasing leadership/management experience.
- Domestic and international travel up to 30%
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.