Panasonic – Director, Tax
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Manage all facets of tax accounting and analysis.
- Provide support and oversight of the derivation of the consolidated effective tax rate
- Manage the FIN 48 tax contingency assessment and reporting
- Coordinate and manage the tax accounting requirements for non-U.S. entities.
- Manage the preparation of and assure accuracy and integrity of accounting and transactional records to ensure proper financial reporting of tax matters.
- Work with external audit firm to assure sufficiency of tax information and support thereof in the financial statements.
- Manage all aspects of transfer pricing through the Advance Pricing Agreement.
- Manage and oversee all relevant tax aspects of the ramifications from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
- Oversee the annual compliance and periodic APA renewal process.
- Mange the annual dividend planning for Mexican subsidiaries
- Provide assistance in federal income tax audit
- Provide assistance all state income tax audits
- Manage all facets of federal, state and foreign tax compliance.
- Manage the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) compliance process.
- Ensure that internal controls, including the management of operational risk, are implemented and effective
- Develop improvements to the control framework and reporting infrastructure to assure timely and accurate tax reporting.
- Work with business units to ensure compliance with Research & Experimental tax credit documentation requirements
- Supervise the preparation of foreign tax credits including supporting documentation
- Work with the Vice President of Tax on various tax planning initiatives
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, MBA in Tax and/or CPA a plus.
- 15 plus years with a public accounting firm and/or private industry medium to large tax department, functioning in a managerial capacity.
- Extensive experience with FASB 109 and Sarbanes-Oxley Sec. 404 required
- Ability to functionally manage a department of 10 tax professionals
- Must have the ability to research and analyze tax issues and write technical memorandum on tax positions.
- Should possess strong written and oral communication skills. Required to periodically give presentations to both small and large groups.
- Must be able to develop and maintain a network of senior level contacts in all key business units. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with tax auditors.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.