Lead the development and execution of business strategies which drive long-term growth for Hussmann. Guide the strategic planning and execution processes and lead a team to identify and analyze strategic opportunities. Working closely with the Hussmann Leadership Team and colleagues, synthesize opportunities and recommend and gain alignment on the most promising strategies. Develop and manage strategic alliances and M&A activity to support the business globally.
Strategic Planning and Analysis:
- Identify, develop, and execute strategies to drive profitable growth across Hussmann. Deliver strategic imperatives e.g. e-grocery, digital and natural refrigerant initiatives.
- Lead strategic planning process and execution (GDP) processes to ensure successful implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Drive the long-range financial forecasts; work with CFO to develop a formal long-range financial model. Initiate and complete strategic deep dives.
- Develop incremental market opportunities for existing ancillary businesses within Hussmann.
New Business Development:
- Lead the development and incubation of new business opportunities which are outside the normal innovation process.
- Develop market assessments, strategy, and business case to pursue these opportunities.
- Communicate findings and gain alignment with HLT, commercial leaders and other leaders across Hussmann including close coordination with the NPI process leads.
- Identify and implement alliances with 3rd parties which enable or accelerate opportunities. Incubate opportunities to test assumptions and market reaction.
- Working with marketing colleagues, lead the cross functional planning team(s) to incubate and institutionalize new businesses, business models, and/or solutions.
- Ensure sound business plans, execution plans, and documented process maps for execution.
- Utilize the principles of effective change management to maximize chances for long term success as needed.
Strategic Support for Hussmann and Panasonic Leadership:
- Provide ad-hoc strategic support for Hussmann Leadership Team; conduct deep dive analyses as required.
- Coordinate development of Hussmann board meeting materials and other leadership opportunities.
- Provide strategic support to Panasonic Corporate and Cold Chain Solutions Company initiatives. Participate in global strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the development and updates of Hussmann’s mid-term plans.
- Lead the business development efforts for the business, including establishing and managing appropriate alliances and M&A activities for the business.
- Develop inorganic strategy and align with Hussmann leadership team.
- Proactively identify and analyze representative targets.
- Initiative and/or respond to inorganic opportunities. Lead assessment, due diligence and approval processes.
- Ensure successful integration into the Hussmann business.
- Master's Degree Required
- 15 years minimum experience
- Retail, food and merchandising experience
- General management background
- Understanding of customer and market analysis processes and tools, including Outcome Driven Innovation
- Solid understanding of financial principles and statements
- Establishing and managing alliances
- M&A process
- LRP and AOP processes
- Experience in directing product and marketing management including new product development and strategy development.
- The ability to be decisive in high pressure situations.
- Strong interpersonal and strategic thinking skills.
- A detail and results oriented mindset.