Panasonic – Director, Solutions & Service
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Director of Solutions & Service will have responsibility to lead the group’s (Panasonic Visual & Imaging Systems - “PIVS”) solution development & manage the solution initiatives as well as to manage its service organization. The primary focus will be to develop and commercialize solutions around the group’s hardware (pro video, projector & display) and to create revenue streams for its solution & service offerings
- Create the vision and strategy to augment the PIVS hardware-based business with solution/service offerings.
- Actively engage with relevant stakeholders to spearhead development of Product & Services Portfolio, Sales and Marketing Plans, and overall Go-To-Market plans for solutions and service-based business/revenue.
Manage a team to develop solutions utilizing hardware and/or software, around the core products of pro video cameras and switchers, projectors and displays. The goal is to add value to the core products and contribute to bottom line profit. This position must be able lead a group that:
- Understands the industry landscape and collect, analyze, and evaluates potential strategic partners, customer data, and competitive information in order to determine potential Panasonic engagement for solution development.
- Builds and capitalizes upon appropriate industry partnerships or alliances in order to help facilitate evaluation and testing of potential solutions.
- Conducts solution market research and competitive positioning/pricing analysis.
- Collaborates within PIVS & PSSNA as well as factory personal in identifying complimentary product/solutions which can be integrated with current and future Panasonic technologies.
- Collaborates with Engineering on integration testing and evaluation of identified solutions for potential deployment within Panasonic portfolio.
- Indirectly manages internal resources (i.e.legal, supply chain, compliance, product & executive mgt etc.) to insure results are achieved, including but not limited to managing the full on-boarding process of alliance partners, software & accessory vendors.
Business Management of Solution Sales:
- Builds business case for approved solutions, including but not exclusive to, potential revenue, profit margins, inventory levels, sales cycles, & support requirements (internal to Panasonic and external).
- Bring solutions to market. Develop, implement and manage complete go to market strategy for all approved solutions. Satisfy customer requirements and ensure target profitability. Ensure solution revenues meet or exceed forecasts and develop and maintain a tracking process to include revenue, costs, and life cycle management milestones.
- Work with marketing to develop and execute appropriate market messaging, strategies, promotions, and other tactics designed to generate market awareness for launched solutions, produce actionable leads, and grow the pipeline.
Business Management of Service Function:
- Oversee the PIVS Service Operation. Ensure efficient and customer focused first class support. Responsible for P/L and overall management of the service function.
- Develop new revenue streams with professional services, extended warranties and other service-related offerings.
Human Resource / Organization Improvement:
- Ensures alignment of organizational structure with the overall objectives of the business. Takes necessary steps to support Talent Acquisition, Retention and Development.
- Staff the organization with competent people and align them according to strategic organizational objectives.
- Develop the professional and leadership competencies of staff and ensure effective succession planning for all key positions
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the importance of diversity in making staffing, customer and supplier decisions
What You’ll Bring:
- Targeted revenue $20M+
- of employees: 30
Education & Experience:
- General Management background with 12+ years of extensive Sales and Marketing.
- Experience in business/solution development and solution and managed services sales in the visual communication industry related to commercial grade Video, Projection, & Display technologies.
- Ability to manage a service organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar related field preferred.
- Knowledge of current and emerging Broadcast, AV, & IT products, services, and processes.
- Project Management experience preferred
- Strategic Leadership: Driven to envision a bigger, better future; establishes a clear vision and effectively enrolls, empowers, and influences others to achieve results.
- Excellent judgment and be able to work in a challenging matrix management environment.
- Able to navigate informal structures making work related contacts and collaborate with internal resources to accomplish company goals.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Strong team building, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Skilled presenter who is comfortable with C-Level one-on-one or large group audiences.
- Travel can be up to 50% of the time / occasional weekends for Trade Show participation etc.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.