Panasonic -Director - Mobility Solutions Sales
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
If you have experience as a Solution Sales Leader within the Mobility Industry, Panasonic is interested in talking with you. We are looking for a professional with strong leadership and management skills, along with financial modeling experience. Ability to manage all aspects of a business unit, focusing on P/L and in depth knowledge of the iT and Mobility markets.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Sales Director will be responsible for the following areas:
- Establish and manage an effective Enterprise team ( T&L, Utility & Field Service verticals) for Panasonic Systems Solutions Company (PSSNA)
- Maintain relationships with top End User (Customers) and Channel Partners (Resellers).
- Maintain price consistency in the market and channels. Work with the Factory on large meet comp opportunities to provide aggressive pricing in order to win large opportunities.
- Must be the face to the customer and resellers as the mobility expert as it relates to the industry, Panasonic, and competitors in our space
- Collaborate with a variety of business functions to create market specific end-to-end solutions and be an absolute expert in mobility products and solutions.
- Develop clear and concise annual and mid-term plan for the business including sales volume, expenditures, profit or loss targets and, for the mid-term, strong product development plan, as well as head count considerations to meet P & L.
- Develop a clear strategic plan to grow the Enterprise vertical markets of Transportation & Logistics, Utility/Energy, and Field Service & Manufacturing for PSSNA,
- Working with PSSNA Supply Chain Mgmt Team forecast purchase, sales and inventory 90-120 days out based on analysis and interpretation of general economic environment, specific market trends, government legislation, sales data, etc.
- Working with all business functions and review market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, prices, and develop sales/marketing campaigns to accommodate the goals of the Business Plan.
- Establish the appropriate measurement tool to periodically to ensure attainment of Business Plan and quota sales, profit and inventory targets. Report progress to PSCNA.
- Heavy sales operations requirement as position has extremely heavy excel usage, and must be able to report to Sector manager on a rolling basis, the P & L, monthly sales forecast status, Quarterly forecast, comparison to Y/Y sales (by product), breakdown by NAM by product category, annual sales forecast, and trending by product category over a 12-18 month time frame.
- Must be able to have an accurate review on a monthly and quarterly basis (compared to Y/Y sales) on average selling price by mobility, security, AV, and services.
- Able to run competitive analysis based upon price considerations, and run different financial models based upon specific margin requirements.
- Responsible for achievement of business plan profit through control of expenditures as well as gross margin on sales.
- Responsible, in conjunction with PSSNA marketing, for developing, introducing & evaluating sales
- Manage the business unit function with $205M+ in annual sales and a total staff of 20-30 people
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree and MBA preferred, and a minimum of 10 years of mobility industry experience is required. Specific Fortune 500 experience is advantageous and thorough solutions selling skills essential, as well as strong financial modeling experience.
- Ability to thoroughly understand and manage all aspects of a business unit, focusing strongly on P/L implications of decisions, as well as in depth knowledge of the IT and mobility business.
- Strong communicative, interpersonal, and negotiating skills required. Strong Leadership skills.
- Both strong written and verbal skills required to effectively communicate with all levels, PSSNA HQ Operations, Customers, Resellers, Sales, and other internal shared services resources
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.