This position may be responsible for the strategic direction for multiple customers, locations, product groups, and direct reports including Group Managers, Senior Business Unit Managers, Senior Sales Managers, Sales Managers, Senior Account Managers and Account Managers. From time to time as business changes, certain customers, locations, product groups and direct reports may change as emerging market conditions indicate.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Leadership of Staff
- Directs staff as defined in the Basic Function and provides the strategic direction for multiple departments, locations, or divisions.
- Provides direction and oversees performance standards and reviews, discipline, incentive goals, employee training and development.
- Provides expert leadership/motivational skills to staff as defined in the Basic Function .
- Leads the development of tactical sales objectives in order to increase revenues and maximize profitability within the group/division.
- Leads, divisional and strategic planning efforts to identify and anticipate emerging new business opportunities that fit within the company’s competencies. Works with sales vice president and president to establish strategic priorities.
- Works closely with other sales leaders – for both PAS and Group Products – to help lead the expansion of our product portfolio into emerging markets and technologies, including products, software and services.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans that will increase market share for multiple sales divisions or locations, and that expands into new markets and technologies.
- Leads the integration of strategic plans across both business and technical teams for maximum impact to growing market share and business results.
- Formulates and implements division sales policies and goals, and executes them through cross-functional actitivity and the staff as defined in the Basic Function.
Sales Forecasting and Reporting
- Sets direction and oversees the sales forecasting activities and establishes performance goals for the sales division.
- Prepares periodic executive sales reports showing current sales, potential sales and areas of proposed new business, with specific attention to emerging markets and technologies.
- Plays a vital role interfacing with North American and/or global automakers, specialty vehicle makers and mobility providers, commonly meeting with senior level corporate executives.
- Identifies prospects for new or replacement business and probes customers to determine their business needs.
- Identifies potential opportunities for future products and services and provide customers with scope of opportunity.
- Understands customer expectations and how they are met, or missed, by our competition.
- Influences and drives the strategic and tactical plans to deliver and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Leads business development and partnership creation to leverage technologies and outside business capabilities that complement PASA strengths and positions Panasonic for business growth and diversification.
Cross-functional, Business Division and Factory Relationships
- Directs and monitors internal resources and systems to ensure product is shipped to the customer within agreed upon timeframe.
- Establishes product and customer strategy and aligns internal resources to support strategy.
Environmental Scanning and Data Analysis
- Demonstrates expert understanding of customer, market, and auto, specialty vehicle and mobility industry trends, developments and standards.
- Makes recommendations to executive leadership in response to market, industry, and customer trends. As new technologies, auto, specialty vehicle and mobility manufacturers and providers or competition are entering the market, identify impact such new entrants will have on company business, customers and products; recommend creative solutions to resolve such situations.
Quotations and Pricing
- Oversees the RFQ strategy and process within Panasonic and at customer in accordance with company processes and defined practices.
- Maintains high visibility in price negotiations and renewals.
- Maximizes profit margin objectives while ensure that minimum profit margin requirements are maintained.
- Leads strategies to ensure business case, profitability and cash flow achievement through customer negotiations an portfolio management
- Establishes divisional policies to eliminate charge backs and to ensure accounts receivables are transacted in a timely and efficient manner. (e.g. customer collections)
- Supports and manages the customer impacts to the P/L in support of Business Plan and MTP (mid term plan) objectives as defined with the Business Divisions including leading the internal and external commercial negotiations, GP, expenses and PSI.
- Guides and supports Sales leadership team to meet the financial objectives of the organization.
- Leads the divisions appropriately to meet growth and profitability targets by working closely with Executive Sales Management, Business Division Management and Finance.
Budget and Midterm Plan
- Responsible for the annual sales Business Plan budget and MTP. Monitors actual results versus plan and leads remediation efforts to overcome budget shortfalls.
Reports and Presentations
- Leads strategic customer presentations to align product development roadmaps and all new business.
- Makes formal presentations to all customer levels including upper management.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience.
- Supervisory experience commensurate with position level.
- Automotive, mobility, electronics, software or components industry experience.
- A proven track record of leading and developing new sales opportunities and closing negotiations.
- Superior analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate financial statements and profit and loss statements.
- Ability to persuade, influence, build rapport, and establish a high degree of trust at all organizational levels.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.