Director of Quality Supplier Management and Customer Experience
The Director/General Manager of Quality Supplier Management and Customer Experience is responsible for developing and leading Supplier Quality and Customer Experience teams that proactively manage supplier reliability, performance and delivery of direct and indirect materials and provide systems and programs that ensure an exceptional Customer Experience that meet customers’ quality expectations. Director will be a change agent that works closely with Production, Procurement and Commercial Leaders to drive continuous improvement to our quality performance and effective quality management practices that deliver value to PENA. The individual will direct teams and work closely with Planning, Quality Operations, Manufacturing and Engineering teams to resolve customer/internal issues.
- Lead and manage the Supplier Quality and Customer Experience organizational activities and established priorities to meet company and department goals and objectives.
- Develop high performing team and future leaders by coaching and improving individual capability through performance management systems, processes and talent acquisition.
- People leader responsible for maintaining and improving employee morale to minimize attrition.
- Establish and monitor the team’s performance ensuring aligned KPIs to the organization’s strategic objectives and with all other functional groups while ensuring compliance to company policies.
- Plans and administers department budget, capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor costs by maintaining inventory and head count controls.
- Reviews company performance data (sales, profitability, productivity, quality, finances, staffing, etc.) utilizing this data to make department structure and strategy recommendations in support of the business.
- Assure compliance and continuous improvements to all quality management systems as well as the integration with other management systems such as, IATF 16949:2016, ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, etc. required for all vehicle manufacturers suppliers.
- Create and Negotiate Supplier agreements (Quality & Supply) in partnership with Procurement and Materials Engineering to ensure suppliers meet financial and quality contractual obligations, delivery specifications, KPI’s, applicable regulatory and environmental compliance requirements.
- Develop and implement Supplier Assessment and Management Systems to qualify new suppliers, establish approved suppliers list and hold approved suppliers accountable for reliability, continuous improvement cost avoidance projects to reduce loss, optimize processes efficiency and decrease non-conformance.
- Conducts annual supplier audits, quarterly supplier score card reviews to ensure incoming direct and indirect materials meet specification and manages Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCAR).
- Leads Customer Experience Quality meetings with customer to review PENA performance and supplier corrective action reports on-time root cause analysis and corrective action for deficiencies and progress for continuous improvement plans.
- Works directly with Customer and Commercial teams to host customer audits, ISO certification customer questionnaire, respond to customer complaints, field actions and coordinates escalation notifications to customer.
- Manage Customer Quality Agreements and partners with legal to ensure compliance with intellectual property, confidentiality and general terms and agreement obligations.
- Lead failure investigation and corrective action for suppliers and customer related failures to facilitate customer quality & reliability interactions
- Be a key player in the local leadership team for all issues by providing leadership during problem resolution events and management of change opportunities.
- Champion and support all corporate and Quality initiatives
- Ability to travel as required of the position and other duties may be assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: MS, MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Supply Chain, Reliability, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years minimum Quality & Reliability experience required in high volume manufacturing (battery, automotive, semiconductor, medical devices at 1M+ units per day).
- Extensive experience utilizing quality management tools including: statistical decision-making methods, process capability analysis, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) and Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Extensive experience in continuous improvement and structure problem solving techniques and tools such as 8-D, fishbone, FTA, FMEA and other quality tools
- Must be team oriented with attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management is required
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma methods and techniques, process control systems, process capability, measurements and analysis, FMEA, preventive action, and continuous improvement programs required
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality management systems and auditing
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous work experience in a cross-cultural, international environment with a Japanese business culture a big plus.
About Us: Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a largescale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.Supplemental Information: Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.