Oversees the project management department responsible for key and strategic projects to be developed for Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) Internal Operations. Develop processes and procedures for the department that ensure each project follows cost, resource, schedule, change, and risk management. Ensures that project management manages and communicates clearly with all functional groups each project Responsible for overall group performance of the assigned complex projects including group operations management, group scorecards and KPI’s and delivery to the intended project benefit, including Return on Investment (ROI).
Supervisory and Leadership
- Direct/Manage a group of project Managers managing complex projects.
- Assign appropriate resources and provide visibility of project risks and opportunities.
- Lead the project managers by ensuring regular team meetings, ensuring that all aspects of projects are kept current and that integrated schedules are maintained and available.
- Ensure that assigned staff is accountable for schedule, cost, resource, change, quality and risk of each project include intended project benefit, including ROI
- Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of each project and its priorities.
- Monitor project schedule commitments and direct appropriate personnel to manage impacts(s) or change(s).
- Mentor and provide feedback to Project Managers.
Project Cost Management including financial management for:
- Return on investement (ROI)
- Delivery of Intended Project Benefit to the organization
Project Planning and Oversight
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of all Projects assigned.
- Support process improvement activities within Project management.
- Project financial approval in accordance with existing company guidelines.
Project Reports to include schedule accuracy, Risks and Opportunities, KPI of Project Performance, Financial Status (Cost review, status and tracking).
- Maintain compliance to departmental operating procedures.
- Maintain superb communications with internal Cross-Functional Team, external 3rd Party Suppliers and with the internal customers by regular follow up status reviews and correspondence.
- Arrange, attend and chair regional program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
- Ensure smooth transition for implementation by coordinating efforts with the cross functional team.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year University Degree - in a technical/IT field preferred. MBA
- 10 years in Project management or project management of which 5 years must have been in a leadership position; or a minimum of 10-15 years work experience in project management of internal process improvements, transformational changes or engineering, software development, project engineering, system engineering or project management of which 7-10 years minimum in a leadership position.
- Aerospace and/or IFE industry experience a plus
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Project highly desired.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
- Seasoned ability to communicate effectively and work with all areas of the company.
- Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally and inspire action without direct organizational management responsibility. Comfortable leading matrix/integrated teams
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering business presentations for senior management.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Ability to travel extensively, up to 10-20% of the time, to domestic and international locations as a routine part of the role
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.