Responsible for leveraging SAPs capabilities to productively manage inbound procurement operations for multiple facilities, vendors, buyers, common parts and interface to global procurement operations in Japan. Manages end-of-life conditions, engineering changes, and other risks to reduce slow-move/no-move inventory with timely reporting, alerting, follow-up and corrective actions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Establishes the buying organizations hierarchy and job assignments by vendor/commodity for multi-factory scheduling agreements, delivery release orders and discrete purchase orders.
- Develops buyer competencies and processes to achieve tier 1 benchmark productivity levels as measured by annual part transactions per buyer.
- Holds periodic Business Unit Reviews with critical suppliers covering continuous improvement in cost, lead-time, on-time delivery, quality and MMOG compliance.
- Manages teams of supervisors, buyers, and inbound delivery/release analysts and logistics specialists at multiple Maquiladora production sites in Mexico (Reynosa and Monterrey).
- Maintains controlled processes and measurements for change points (ECOs, Part Change Notices), new product launch and end-of-life conditions to ensure production continuity while avoiding loss costs.
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership behaviors, persuasive presentations & tactful communications, employee development, compromise and organizational change management skill where appropriate to promote departmental performance, employee motivation and morale.
- Champions OCM change efforts with suppliers and global procurement operations in the adoption of NAFTA MMOG standards for production purchasing, logistics, scheduling agreements, delivery orders, EDI/ASN, labeling standards etc.
- Conducts industry benchmarking for automotive Tier 1 / OEM best practices in production purchasing and inbound logistics operations. Develops and executes action plans to close competitive gaps.
- Travels to Reynosa/Monterrey production operations, builds employee morale and facilitates problem resolution and purchasing team career development.
- Maintains PP expertise in advanced ERP (SAP) to facilitate buyer productivity, accuracy, shortage/loss avoidance and timely purchasing info record setup for accurate MRP.
- Develops relevant reporting and KPI metrics using SAP and other systems for supplier on-time delivery, past-due position, inventory turnover days, freight spend to plan.
- Leads or assists negotiations of SAP scheduling agreements by supplier including fixed/firm period, flex plan horizon and forecast period to ensure delivery reliability and avoid exposure for demand fluctuations.
- Ensures supplier compliance to PASA/MX operating manuals; EDI / ASNs, Labeling, Quality Manual. Monitor supplier conformance and develop corrective actions jointly with Advanced Purchasing.
- Simulates in SAP MRP alternative scheduling or demand scenarios requested by plant supervision or customers and provide timely replies from suppliers for upside requests or potential loss conditions.
- Develops MRP controlled processes and approval cycle for part transfers between factories in Mexico or globally.
- Surveys suppliers at the request of customers or Business Continuity Planning (US or Global) for constraints/disruption, capacity confirmation, conflict minerals data or other concerns identified by customers.
- Supports and answers customer inquiries or MMOG surveys related to purchasing policies, component inventory, labeling & on-time/past-due performance reporting, etc.
- Communicates supply risks to S&OP teams through scheduling forums. Serves as primary approver of master data setup for production purchasing info records in SAP.
- Identifies and negotiates opportunities to improve/expand consignment and VMI programs with suppliers.
- Researches OEM service life obligations for post-production demand, holds appropriate component stocking levels to service forecast and revises with changes to service forecast.
- Executes weekly/daily disciplines and structured meetings with purchasing supervisors/buyers including MRP reschedule in/out, exception condition alerting, shortage reporting, excess/obsolete risk mitigation, lead time reduction and freight cost management.
- Oversees and performance manages logistics team members and 3PL providers of consignment stock and VMI operations locally in Mexico and from US/MX inbound cross-dock providers.
- Ensures proper filing and accuracy of import/export documentation for US customs and Mexico Maquilla.
- Forecasts freight spend and tracks actual performance consistent with business plan; develop continuous improvement and cost reduction plans. Forecasts and monitors RAW inventory turnover days and achievement to plan.
- Establishes lowest cost routing options for common vendors and parts considering business continuity risk, transit times, customs/duty/broker fees, consignment/VMI locations and proximity to factory.
- Proposes, reviews, and ensures adherence to area budgets and maintains throughout fiscal year.
- Forecasts inventory position and inbound freight costs by factory. Tracks performance to plan and develop year-over-year improvement initiatives.
- Leads and coaches’ supervisory levels by providing appropriate direction on critical issues with diplomacy and as contracted between factory and supplier.
- Directs and establishes performance standards and reviews, incentive goals, employee training and career development.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Travels to Japan, global suppliers, 3PL and inbound cross-dock providers.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, operations, industrial or a related field and ten (10) years of related experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience.
- Automotive systems or components industry experience (Procurement & Production Scheduling – 5+ years minimum).
- Strong background in SMT electronics procurement (5+ years desired): ICS, Memory, PCBs, Resistors, Caps, Transistors, etc.
- Strong background in automotive OEM EDI standards, forecasts, firm orders and cumulative planning horizons.
- Strong background in SAP (3+years desired): Procure to Pay, Forecast-to-Plan, Plan-to-Deliver, Scheduling Agreements and associated Master Data maintenance. Automotive MMOG experience.
- Strong background in supplier contracting: Changes, Cancellations, Price-Volume, quality holds/rejects, lead-times, forecast liability
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or APICS certification or equivalent work experience.
- Working competency with Uniform Commercial Code and IMMEX Maquiladoras (border area and In-land).
- Import/Export experience into US & Mexico, and Maquilla transactions between Mexico factories.
- Transportation planning experience by land, air and ocean, especially from Asia.
- Superior analytical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, influence, build rapport, and establish trust at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applications.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.