ITC Global, A Panasonic Company, is a leading provider of satellite communications to the energy, mining, maritime, hospitality and NGO markets. https://www.itcglobal.com/
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Product Development & Management drives all technology decisions with a goal of improving profitability and maintaining exceptional quality, demonstrates leadership around internal technical evaluations and prototype builds, owns technical problem solutions to solve core issues from repeating and assess risks, manages the technology budget and drives cost reduction initiatives. He/she partners with technology consultants to stay ahead of emerging technologies and keep us competitive, and oversees our managed service program with various consultants, integrators and contractors to drive high performance.
- Product Development
- Create and execute the overall product plan which will guide the technical vision, lifecycle and roadmap to assist all aspects of our customers and internal operations. Includes supporting growth of new and existing business lines.
- Support Ops Scalability in rolling out a Data Warehouse across the company, including continuous improvement around automating financial, marketing and customer data metrics pulling and analysis.
- Maintain, implement and improve existing portals, libraries, data warehouse and other commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and internal custom systems.
- Recommend and implement business system solutions for short and long-term operational improvement and automation.
- Collaborate with business units to ensure integration and efficiency of technology solutions and security initiatives
- Product Management
- Collaborate with various internal organizations to define and accomplish financial objectives, including forecasts, budgeting, and trending analysis.
- Drive and oversee ROI analysis, financial forecasting and costs related to IT support and services
- Oversee managed service partnership, performance metrics and costs; conduct annual audits and evaluation of services as compared to other consulting services in the area.
- Product Support
- Managed Services and Operational Performance Enforcement: Own the internal technical problem escalation process, including off hours problem resolution, to resolve technical issues within agreed time frames. This includes brainstorming solutions, troubleshooting and creating/implementing recommendations.
- Commitment to effectively solve problems quickly with workarounds as needed, while determining the root cause to implement changes to stop the issue(s) from repeating in the future.
- Ability to think creatively, seek input and feedback from others when seeking possible solutions. Experienced using a decision-making matrix at a team, stakeholder and executive level.
- Training in Agile Development, SCRUM, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies preferred
- Expertise leading technology projects using best practice project management tools
- Experience with website technologies and relational database preferred
- Advanced knowledge of network administration, network security, network protocols, database frameworks, and cybersecurity methods for an eCommerce company preferred
- Analytical mindset; ability to evaluate technology solutions using values-based rigor
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree required. MBA is a plus
- 10 – 12 years of related experience
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Normal office and lab environment. No heavy lifting or extreme physical labor is required.
- Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call for critical requirements.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities across work environments.
- Occasional travel to other ITC Global offices or client visits may be required.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.