Performs as key business leader in the Panasonic Technical Services organization with a focus on ensuring the execution of Maintenance operational processes in an assigned Region to meet contractual obligations and obtain optimum efficiency. Develops initiatives to meet or exceed performance expectations and budgeting requirements at each operational location in the assigned Region while ensuring all activities are in compliance with government legislation and regulations and current company standards and policies. Develops and manages the business interests of Panasonic Avionics and PTS in the region which includes coordinating with the various Marketing, Engineering and other Panasonic groups in the region. Oversees Service Program Management for the delivery and financial performance of maintenance contracts.
- Develops strategic plans and ensures implementation in the assigned Region to maintain company standards of performance, organization and safety through process development and lean manufacturing principles.
- Develops Regional strategic initiatives ensuring effective communication and interaction of Maintenance staff internally within Panasonic Avionics Corporation and with customers and suppliers, reinforcing the Company’s reputation as the leading provider of maintenance service in the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) industry.
- Leads Regional PTS Operations Managers and their staffs in creating strategic plans and managing execution of each operational site’s requirements and commitments while striving to ensure each site is operating within their budgetary requirements.
- Develop and manage the Regional PTS Business plan which includes strategies and operational goals.
- Develop global requirements for capital equipment acquisitions as needed to meet organization objectives.
- Assesses current and future business opportunities in the assigned Region and communicates same for executive management review.
- Actively pursue new PTS business activities and participate in regional negotiations to acquire new business.
- Determines optimum service locations, offerings, licensing requirements, and capacities in the assigned Region.
- Support regional marketing and sales initiatives.
- Maintain good customer relationships with airline customers based in the region.
- Maintains a full understanding of each operational site's contractual requirements and internal company commitments and ensures compliance.
- Develops logistical controls/capabilities appropriate to the business model.
- Assesses and recommends the improvement and automation of business-related metrics and processes
- Develop performance requirements among the team to consistently work towards enhancing Panasonic Avionics Corporation’s reputation among customers and suppliers.
- Ensure the Regional Maintenance operational sites have the appropriate resources to perform at the standards and practices of Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Manages Service Program Managers and oversees all “third party” maintenance organizations to ensure service agreements are being met.
- Directs all maintenance activities in the assigned Region in accordance with EASA/CAA/FAA regulations.
- Ensures operational sites in the Region are compliant with all regulatory requirements and ensuring corrective action is taken if out of compliance.
- Participates in customer and EASA/CAA/FAA audits as required.
- Ensures all maintenance sites are maintaining quality standards and complying with Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensures consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with organization procedures and company policy.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Lead management staff to implement department objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external parties on all levels within and outside the organization. In-depth, technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and related components preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a geographically dispersed maintenance organization.
- Demonstrated experience with contract negotiations and fulfillment of contract obligations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US and International aircraft repair and maintenance practices.
- Excellent customer service skills and awareness.
- Excellent understanding of financial controls and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate employees, as well as interview, hire, plan, assign, direct and appraise employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- Highly developed team building and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish operational objectives and work plans and delegate assignments to subordinate managers.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Solid understanding of EASA/FAA/CAA regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO and Project).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present to executive decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years experience managing a maintenance organization in an airline or similar Maintenance Service organization.
- In-Flight Entertainment Experience preferred.
- Financial management education or experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- May require travel, up to 50% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.