Panasonic – Director, IT Security
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
As part of this dynamic and high-impact team you will have the opportunity to lead and work with top talent, some of the newest technologies and shape security best practices for Panasonic and its business units.
You will communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and executives to drive exceptional security service programs, explain complex issues, potential risks, and adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures TTP. The role requires an in-depth understanding of cloud technologies, information security and enterprise scale services.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively manage multiple incidents, lead global team activities and deliverables, coordinate with a diverse set of partners and stakeholders, and contribute to CISO executive communications and executive stakeholders across the business ecosystem. The Leader will also be responsible for attracting and retaining industry-leading talent, developing long-term work force plans, and driving continuous improvements into the programs. Program responsibilities include:
Security Services Planning and Governance
- Interface with senior business leaders within Panasonic North America to foster the execution of cyber security as a business enabler and protect value in the business.
- Consults with senior leaders on aligning security to innovation initiatives.
- Build, champion, and maintain Panasonic North Americas corporate cyber security strategy for the regional security operations center, vulnerability management, and incident response programs - ensuring strategic objectives are aligned with business outcomes and regularly reviewed for effectiveness.
- Guide Panasonic North America’s business through cyber security transformation and enhancement, providing thought leadership and advice to fellow business leaders.
- Enhance innovation in cyber security services to achieve operational excellence and maximize investment efficiency.
Threat and Vulnerability Detection and Response Management TVDRM
- Drive the strategy and execution plan to build a world-class TVDRM program at scale
- Partner with executives and peers across Panasonic to deliver shared outcomes that measurably improve our efficacy and efficiency to detect, recover and respond to vulnerabilities and threats. Establish yourself as the company leader for driving solutions in this space.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees
- Partner with industry leading experts to bring in innovative solutions in the TVDRM space, as well as contribute to the security community
- Drive strategic partnerships and solutions alignment with vendors
- Build a world class team, and lead a high performing global team of security professionals in vulnerability detection and response
Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Understand potential and emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and control techniques.
- Understands the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk appetite and risk exposure across the organization.
- Supports corporate risk leadership to review enterprise IT and cyber risks, assess capabilities, prioritize security and risk strategies, and communicate risk intelligence in a way that drives business decision-making.
- Engages and coordinates cross functional business participation in risk profiling, investigation, escalation and resolution.
- Provides leadership to individual contributors building risk capabilities and build program oversight
- Coordinate CISO program execution, timelines, deliverables and information requests across CISO functions and with other IT teams and business functions.
- Responsible for assuring process effectiveness, measurement and optimization, including key metrics, KRIs and KPIs.
- Oversee global security awareness strategy and programs, including annual employee training and ongoing awareness campaigns.
- Creates and executes a cyber security outreach and engagement program to improve understanding and alignment in the business regarding cyber security issues.
What you will bring:
Reports to the CISO and has regional scope of responsibility, serving multiple business units including PNA HQ, HSM, PASA, PAC, PENA; this list is not exhaustive as this role is a leader within our Security As A Service program structure for the region and scope is subject to increase as the program progresses. This role has direct reports.
- This senior management role is technical and the ideal candidate needs to possess deep security knowledge/expertise, previous experience as a security practitioner, systems management and administration experience, proven service management skills, and the ability to attract and retain talent in a challenging market
- Minimum of 12 years proven experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on security operations, incident response, vulnerability management, information security
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience building and managing vulnerability management programs from vulnerability discovery processes to remediation and validation
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem-solving activities under pressure
- Sharp analytical abilities and the ability to make sound decisions quickly required
- Deep understanding of SIEM ecosystem, solutions and architecture
- Deep understanding of EDR vendors, solutions and architecture
- Mobilize and energize large, complex cross-functional teams to drive down vulnerability risk
- Deep understanding of regulatory compliance such as NIST, SOX, HIPPA, PCI, CMMC etc. and their differentiators across global regions
- Understanding of Security Orchestration, Automation and Response concepts
- Experience working with ticketing and knowledge management systems
- Experience with security analytics platforms
- Experience with reporting platforms
- Ability to translate technical findings and articulate recommendations for non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of fundamental cloud, security technologies and tooling, and secure software development lifecycle concepts
- Understanding of international privacy and data protection regulations, such as CCPA and GDPR
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations
- A driver and implementer who possesses the poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Experience leading geo-distributed teams 10+ people with diverse functional skill sets and cross-functional teams.
- Expert ability to build strong relationships with peers, executives internal and external, and with peers/professional organizations outside the company.
- Prior information security consulting experiences a huge plus
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 10+ years experience in the cybersecurity domain
- CISSP Certification required; Additional CCSP, CRISC, CISM, GSLC, GCED, GDSA, GDAT certifications are favorable credentials as well.
Up to 50% travel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.