The Director of IT is responsible for the overall IT platform and infrastructure performances at PENA. Additionally, the Director initiates and implements innovative strategies to ensure stable operations are achieved daily at the factory. The Director is expected to work and collaborate with IT teams at Panasonic, TESLA, and other third-party providers to provide necessary services. The Director must provide enterprise level customer support and services. Works with leadership to ensure initiatives are aligned for company growth.
- Develop business department IT budgets
- Develop ROI analysis for new projects or new services
- Performs quarterly budget reviews with business leader
- Provides leadership through insight and vision and leads by example
- Assists in the development of job accountabilities and objectives
- Organize mid-term strategic planning to lead department activities
- Introduce initiatives between PENA, TESLA, and suppliers for alignment with PENA’s senior leadership’s initiatives
- Develop customer IT services in anticipation to lead mid-term IT planning
- Improve working relationships between IT and business users
- Promote ERP (SAP) systems and integrated system such as MES implementations
- Promote the usage and expansion of IT services while collaborating with global and local IT organizations
- Evaluate IT solution effectiveness for business contribution while measuring it against KPI metrics
- Manage the continuous optimizations of IT systems services
- Continuously promote the high availability of services for critical customer applications
- Follow and promote PENA and US Company (Parent company) policies and procedures
- Skilled in the delivery of IT application and infrastructure services
- Effectively manage IT services using performance metrics and proven IT methodologies
- Accountable for SOX Compliance audit
- Evaluate service delivery performance and take corrective actions with appropriate IT staff
- Make recommendations for ongoing process improvement
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in IT or Business
- Preferred: None
- 5+ years of relevant IT Leadership experience for a large corporation.
- Customer focused and business sensitive attitude
- Perform IT solution with manufacturing SCM knowledge
- Own business project leading attitude
- Issue tracking & resolution with organized skilled knowledge-based approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills with all levels of business and IT management
- Ability to create International people, process, and policy synergy
- Ability to influence and persuade management for providing business appropriate IT solutions
- Ability to create and present electronic and spoken presentations
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in global business company within an IT leadership role.
- Experience in managing complex project teams including outsource IT developer organizations.
- Experience in business process re-engineering of systems application
- Experience in managing budgets and financial expectations (ROI analysis)
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.