Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Works closely with executives, senior leadership and staff to define and execute HR strategies that enable accomplishment of business objectives. Translate current and future business needs into an overall integrated strategic HR plan including talent management & succession planning, talent acquisition, employee engagement, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, compensation/benefits and change management. Develop workforce plans and understand external customer trends and issues in the industry that could potentially impact business. Lead management in organizational assessment and diagnosis to revise business strategies into actions that deliver results. Provide demonstrated change management leadership. Advise and coach leaders on driving the organizational values and culture. Serve as a strategic business partner, change agent, and member of the line management staff with assigned client groups.
Oversee development, planning, and implementation of employee relations policies and procedures. Oversee staff of HR managers and professionals.
Business Partner Management
- Work with business leaders to enhance organizational performance and cultural cohesion in areas of organizational capability, workforce planning, talent management
- Participate with HR leadership on HR strategic plans with a perspective from the business functions
- Partner with senior leadership to plan, develop and implement talent initiatives in support of strategic business goals
- Influence effective decision making and drive organizational growth.
- Be responsible for successful change management and organizational design solutions leveraging people, process, and technology
- Provide full scope HR Business Partner support for senior leadership and provide consultation, recommendations, and fact based guidance to leadership and employees
- Translate current and future business needs into overall integrated strategic HR plan
- Collaborate with leaders and fellow HRBP’s to create efficient, consistent, and scalable solutions for the business.
- Work with global HR team to execute business strategy and operational needs and broader enterprise HR initiatives.
- Provide research, advice and opinion regarding emerging people issues and human capital risk facing the business.
- Manage HR projects as required, such as implementing new HR initiatives as developed in collaboration with COE’s
- Partner and collaborate with COEs (Global Talent Management, Global Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations) on HR Projects and Initiatives . Ensure strategic solutions to process improvements, tools and systems to meet the distinctive challenges and needs of the business.
- Champion organizational values and culture
- Recruit and hire for key leadership roles
- Recognizes, analyzes and diagnoses key trends in HR KPI’s / metrics to uncover root cause. Develops and designs solutions, based on root cause analysis work
- Partner with Intl HRBPs on business and HR strategies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Oversees investigations concerning employee/management inquiries and employee suggestions and/or complaints.
- Develops, designs, interprets policies, trainings, and communications and provides recommendations for corrective action policy revision and/or improving employee relations.
- Oversee department budget
- Participate in development of Global HR budget
- Manage and develop HRBP teams aligned by business units and functions
- Manage high level professionals (HR Business Partners, Employee Relations Managers, Corporate HR Managers)
- Hire, develop, and appraise direct reports
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in HRBP role, closely partnering with business leaders, driving collaboration and implementing change projects
- Proven track record in enabling and driving organizational change and performance excellence
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship. Utilize an enterprise wide consultative approach to produce effective solutions.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to articulate, communicate and interact with multiple constituencies in the organization including Executive Management level.
- Advanced Project and Change Management skills
- Strong consulting, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong team building and leadership skills for driving high performance teams.
- Ability to manage cross-functional program teams.
- Ability to hire, appraise, and develop direct employees.
- Ability to thoroughly and clearly articulate his/her position(s) concerning problems and/or solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with people under pressure including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to diffuse high pressure situations, articulate and resolve problems, and work out difficult situations/problems.
- Demonstrated excellent organization and planning ability to handle large complex teams and situations.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organization Leadership, or related field. Graduate coursework highly desired.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP desired
- 10+ years HR business partner experience
- 5 years staff management experience
- Managerial courage
- Business acumen
- Organizational agility
- Political savvy and interpersonal savvy
- Intellectual horsepower
- Fostering customer focus
- Cultivating networks and partnerships
- Energizing the organization
- Strategic agility
- Leading change
- Coaching and Developing Others
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.