Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The position:Partner with leaders across the organization, including HR Business Partners, Centers of Excellence and Panasonic North America and look for ways to innovate and automate for increased efficiency and a better team member experience,
- In partnership with COE's in Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Payroll, and Timekeeping to ensure HR processes, HR global templates, systems and tools are clearly documented to enable, manager and employee self-service that is user friendly.
- Responsible for reporting on people analytics, metrics and systems, driving efficient and effective use of workforce data, analytics in partnership with COE's including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Payroll and Timekeeping.
- Learn PAC HR systems and process to identify best practices, assess system functionality and requirements, and recommend process improvements as needed.
- COVID related activities such as case management, required reporting, contact tracing, policy and pay related questions as required.
- Primary liaison for PEXNA HR Shared Services and responsible to ensure PAC specific policies and processes are trained on. Serve as escalation point for PEXNA Shared Services such as Employee Services.
- Member of PEXNA HR Operating Council including collaboration with PEXNA HR Technology team on projects for process improvements, system launches, and configuration changes.
- Responsible for managing HR Operational programs such as PAC Global Education Assistance Program, US Leaves of Absence and US Immigration administration, and employee morale events including global end of year celebrations.
- Manage vendor relationships for various services.
- Creates, maintains, trains and interprets Company HR policies and procedures that enhance employee relations and meet governmental requirements. Ensures policies are updated in a timely fashion. Serves as coordinator and facilitator for Executive Policy Review Committee responsible for review and approval for all global company policies.
- Acts as main point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes to ensure compliance to existing audit standards, responds to and complies with any internal andexternal investigations, litigations, audits, assessments and participates in and adheres to corrective actions including process remediation when necessary.
- Collect and analyze HR data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, non-compliance with laws, regulations, or management policies
- Establishes and maintains employee records in compliance with company policy and governmental regulations.
- Analyze existing procedures to identify gaps, inconsistencies or conflicts and takes appropriate action to resolve
- Discuss as needed regulatory developments with Legal, Program Owners and HRLC to ensure awareness and help determine whether updates to policies and procedures are required
- Ensuring legally required labor employment posters are maintained
- Administer and maintain recordkeeping of random drug testing program and associated DISA training. Perform audit of 3rd party administrator and vendors. Respond to FAA auditors with information requests.
- Monitor Corporate HR inbox for response and referral to COE's
- Utilize change management tools to produce communications in partnership with COE's such as announcements, job aids, presentations and related trainings for HR policies, process and systems.
- Implement innovative communication channels that provide stakeholders with information; continuously evaluate and improve communication effectiveness.
- Manage, provide coaching, training, career development and leadership to the HR Operations team.
- Manage department budget and provide inputs into cost allocations provided by PEXNA HR.
- Extensive experience in HR Operations, Shared Service environments, digital HR tools, platforms and solutions including knowledge of Workday, Timekeeping, Payroll and ATS systems is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Experience establishing program metrics and assessing program impact
- Track record of successfully implementing and improving operational processes, can drive program efficiency and customer satisfaction and implementing change across diverse organization
- Experience with internal stakeholder management, ability to build partnerships and influence others
- Customer service orientation - able to balance the priorities of multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Impressive organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication
- BA or BS degree
- 10 years human resources operations experience
- 5 years staff management experience
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate