The Director of Finance Operations has responsibility for the leading financial activities within our manufacturing operations within Panasonic Automotive Systems of America (PASA). This position is a key partner to the operations organization and ensures cost accounting, compliance / control, planning/budgeting, and financial analysis done within our financial operations adequately supports company objectives and strategy. This position also ensures common, effective, and efficient financial processes at all PASA factory locations, ensuring best practices are leveraged and continuous improvement is a constant theme / model for the organization.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Serve as key partner to the company Chief Operations Officer (COO) and other operations functional (purchasing, SCM, quality, factory) leadership.
- Provide hands-on leadership to enhancement of cost accounting through data analytics in order to improve the ability to "see" real time into the business, resulting in improved product profitability and a shorter cash conversion cycle.
- Partnering with operations leadership, drive supply chain optimization initiatives, including but not limited to: inventory reduction, supplier localization, investment/capacity analysis, and make-buy analysis.
- Lead plant financial teams in a matrix-reporting relationship; Drive commonization of financial processes in factors, leveraging company and industry best practices, and reducing complexities and redundancies; Implement and drive simplification and automation continuous improvement projects in the controllership environment.
- Drive a process-driven culture, ensuring robust internal financial controls are maintained and constantly monitored; Drive adherence to all policies and procedures of the company and ensure robust work instructions and consistency of data and information.
- Supports analysis and continuous improvement of company’s loss costs.
- Working with the Finance and Accounting Senior leadership team, develop and execute the strategy to create shared service centers of excellence across the broader finance and accounting teams in PASA.
- Working cross-functionally, drive and support change initiatives to improve profitability and cash flow performance, as well as overall organizational health.
- BS Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent, Master’s Degree is a plus
- Accounting certification (CPA, CMA or equivalent) is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in a finance / accounting leadership role in a multi-national manufacturing company (automotive experience highly preferred)
- Cost accounting, financial modeling and analyses expertise required.
- Demonstrated expertise in IFRS/FASB/GAAP accounting required.
- Experience working with manufacturing plants in MX (maquiladora) is a big plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in SAP or similar ERP system required;
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.