Working with the Hussmann Leadership team this position is responsible to ensure Hussmann is operating in a way that safeguards business continuity, human health, and protects the environment. This position will continually work to infuse Safety and Environmental Stewardship into Hussmann until it flows out through our products and services. This will be accomplished by leading the team to develop, maintain and continually improve systems and processes that ensure stewardship of safety and sustainability in everything we do. This role will work with senior leadership and the EHS team to develop the strategy, short- and long-term plans as well as goals and targets for EHS and CSR. It will ensure and facilitate business continuity planning for all aspects of the business. It is critical that this person earn trust at all levels and can work with and influence Hussmann senior leadership as well as build and maintain a close working relationship with Panasonic headquarters Safety and Environmental Departments.
- Drive the strategy, process, metrics and continuous improvement of the Safety and Sustainability Culture in all parts of Hussmann.
- Partner with the Executive Team to ensure understanding of the key issues and areas for improvement in EHS in alignment with the business.
- Lead, mentor and continue to build a skilled team of EHS professionals who are equipped to ensure the company’s objectives and customer needs are met.
- Facilitate business continuity planning for all aspects of the business.
- Ensure constant communication, coordination and cooperation with the commercial teams to ensure feedback on key EHS matters.
- Ensure the integration of the EHS management systems, where appropriate and possible, with other management systems and business processes.
- Work with key connections at Panasonic North America and Headquarters in Japan to ensure partnership and standardization of EHS and programs and tools across business divisions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Sciences, Environmental, Engineering, Business or other EHS-related discipline required. Master’s degree in EHS-related discipline, Engineering or MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in EHS field with at least 3 years of experience leading an EHS team supporting greater than 1,000 employees
- Safety Certification (i.e. Certified Safety Professional (CSP)) is desirable Multi-site and global experience are highly desirable
- English is required; Bilingual English / Spanish is desirable
- Must be able to build trust and influence at all levels of an organization, including the Hussmann senior leadership team and Panasonic Headquarters
- Proven leadership skills including team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improve processes and solve problems
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Self-starter with high-energy and a curious approach
- Ability to understand different cultures to establish reliable and effective communication within a diverse and complicated environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and requirements in the US, Mexico and Canada
- Strong computer skills in particularly MS Office
Travel: up to 25%