Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
if you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for leading business and portfolio strategy for the wide range of digital solutions and software businesses within the business unit. Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives and partnerships for the Business Unit to support sales opportunities and strategic growth. Leads business development and strategy from inception through implementation to ongoing operations, working closely with Product Managers in the alignment of product concept and execution with business goals. Drives portfolio needs with relevant stakeholders in particular Product Management, Marketing, Sales and GTO. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of strategic business objectives. Defines vision, strategies, and tactics.
Business Development, Oversight and Budget
- Driving individual solutions’ success by defining, approving and cadencing key solution strategies, requirements, and performance metrics
- Focuses specifically on portfolio-wide strategies to enhance total portfolio value and leverage is maximized. Drives these strategies throughout the organization in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Can articulate and communicate portfolio strategy and vision, both internally and externally with customers and at industry invents, media interviews, etc.
- Can read and predict major market trends to shape and drive portfolio strategies
- Determine and create the optimal mix of various solution types in the PAC digital portfolio including direct monetization, user engagement, data and analytics, platform tools, third party developer tools and programs, and solution partnerships.
- Work with relevant product managers and integrated product teams to develop business cases that meet the approval of the company’s Product Review Board (PRB) decision gating process.
- Fiscal P&L oversight of product budget and ROI for all portfolio solutions within the business unit.
Leadership and Strategy Oversight
- Establishes business goals and objectives for the Digital Solutions portfolio and individual solutions.
- Motivates cross functional teams to ensure long-term sales and profit goals and growth are met.
- Has overall responsibility for approving and cadencing budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Ensure strategies, solutions, products and services are aligned with both PAC core competencies and market requirements.
- Oversee the life cycle of products through development of tools and processes, and close co-ordination with product marketing, regional sales, procurement and engineering.
- Develops business policies and drives approval for their implementation.
- Partners closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Management.
- Experience working in a wide range of international cultures and business environments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as well as negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to present ideas/issues effectively with and to executive management and below.
- Outstanding presentation skills and a demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior/executive management, airline customers and airframe manufacturers.
- Expertise in the leadership of cross-functional team meetings.
- Experience in “design thinking” approach to new product development
- Proven experience in leading design, development and life-cycle management of applications for complex software systems, with emphasis on software development.
- Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally and inspire action without direct organizational management responsibility. Comfortable leading matrix/integrated product teams.
- Provides direction to senior managers in various areas, groups, and/or operations.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline.
- 10+ years business development, digital product development and or digital product management experience to include a minimum of 5 years of increasing managerial experience. Experience in enterprise SaaS solutions and businesses, preferred.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing, finance or MIS preferred.
- Previous experience in business and market development, business concept definition and validation, business case development and approval, product development and launch, product ramp down and end-of-life, preferred
- Ability to travel up to 35%
The salary range of $151,000 - $253,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum salary wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
- All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.