Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
A key business leader in the Regional Sales organization with a focus on ensuring total customer satisfaction within assigned region. Ensures the company meets its obligations and commitments to regional customers by responding to technical problems and queries in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures field support team develops and maintains excellent working relationships with assigned customers and internal company departments in order to smoothly and effectively address customer needs.
- Customer Support Field Engineering Management:
- Handle high profile queries and ensure timely response is provided to customer operational & technical questions.
- Help in managing relationship between PAC and assigned customers to ensure customer satisfaction and a long-term business relationship.
- Ensure regular reporting to the Regional Head regarding customer comments including feedback, appreciation and/or complaints.
- Product Knowledge and Technical Issue Resolution:
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of PAC products & interfaces.
- Represent all technical aspects at engineering level of the PAC Systems.
- Define a departmental training matrix and have subject training organized.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and ensure regional top priority issues are defined and worked.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Follow up on new EIS (Entry In to Service) in the Field with the appropriate managers.
- Maintain good working relationship with all internal departments and help drive the regional issues that need top-urgent attention.
- Understand PAC goals and objectives and contribute towards attaining these by assisting and supporting colleagues and other departments as required. Define departmental goals and objectives accordingly.
- Department Management:
- Set direction, objectives and targets fordirect staff, monitor member's results and implement changes accordingly.
- Recruit and interview new members in order to support contractual requirements and need for new field support locations.
- Coach and develop staff; ensure the team is trained and equipped to participate actively in retrofit activities, entry into service of new systems and technical assistance.
- Ensure effective & efficient utilization of the workforce.
- Prepare the departmental budgets.
- Work with the team to consistently exhibit professionalism in order to enhance our customer's perception of the Company.
- Ensure compliance of the departmental operations to corporate quality standards and applicable regulations.
The salary or hourly wage range of $145,000 - $194,400 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics, Avionics or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a key role of Customer Support Field Engineering Manager with multiple direct reports or in a job with similar in-depth technical & managerial capabilities.
- 5+ years of increasing managerial experience.
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to motivate a big team and delegate tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and be a self-motivator.
- Able to multi-task in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to interact with Upper Mgmt (internal and external customers).
- Protect the integrity of the organization.
- Strategic management of the customer complaints and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Optimization of customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved operations.
- Optimization of required manpower and enhance the team’s efficiency.
- Planning and layout of workflow, support and services to the customer.
- Coaching and developing staff.
- Budget Planning.
- Quality compliance.
- Work closely with LF to assure focus on delivery of quality SW.
- Ensures that priority is given to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
- Travel up to 50% to domestic and/or international locations.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.