Director of Corporate Communications
Are you a strong corporate communications leader? We would love to speak to you if you have built and scaled best-in class communications teams, and have led entire communications functions …
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
The Director of Communications is responsible for developing the strategy for Panasonic Avionics’ (PAC) written, digital/interactive, and verbal communications and messaging. You will ensure articulation of the CEO’s goals and objectives for the company’s mission, values, and strategic direction in all communications and media, and assist with core areas of the corporate narrative including executive platforms, international expansion, acquisitions and partnerships, and financial performance. You work closely with various team members across internal and external partners including senior leadership, product groups, marketing, and investor relations. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who's willing and able to roll up their sleeves and deliver results, be comfortable wearing many hats, with a keen ability to accommodate tight deadlines and shifting priorities. The candidate must be a team player who thrives in a very fast-paced environment, skilled at both strategic planning and tactical execution in the communications space. This role reports to the VP of Product Line Management and Head of Marketing in Lake Forest, CA and will work closely with our CEO and entire C-suite of spokespeople.
More About You
- You will have used world-class communications strategies to educate and influence markets about new solutions and technologies. You’ve gone beyond execution and helped build a company’s story over time and effectively through different phases of growth. You can inspire greatness in our dynamic and visible executive spokespeople through your own poise, passion, and articulation.
- In addition to your long-standing successes growing awareness through PR and earned media strategies including social, you’ll also bring a deep passion for brand and culture that will allow you contribute to internal communications in perfect harmony with external.
Your Specific Experience
- You’ve built and scaled best-in-class communications teams, strategies, programs from the ground up
- You’ve led entire communications functions: PR (media relations, influencer and analyst relations, trade press), and executive programs (speaking engagements, bylines, media opportunities)
- You can create more than just messaging, but an entire integrated communications strategy that links to a corporate strategic narrative
- Proven track record with external and internal crisis management skills and a record of impeccable judgment.
- You can deliver innovative event strategies that increase awareness and consideration
- You have excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of organization
- 10+ years in communications with demonstrable successes
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
What does your day to day include..
- Create, manage and execute strategic communications plan that increase education and awareness of PAC among our key audiences.
- Manage a team writing press releases, media advisories, remarks, talking points, briefing documents, executive biographies, internal and external communications, Q&As and other materials.
- Serving as the key project manager for company external and internal web sites (working with Employee Communications and other stakeholders). Overseeing and/or collaborating as needed to manage design, writing, editing and distribution of various internal communications such as Company Announcements, Quarterly Business Highlights from All-Hands Meeting, etc.
- Lead the research of communication needs, goals, and objectives
- Create success metrics and use fact-based methods in order to evaluate and improve both internal and external communications and culture
- Leverage and manage our PR agency as your team to drive broad and deep connections to business and consumer press globally.
- Manage a strategic function to drive positive engagement, mentions are reports from relevant analysts and influencers.
- Proactively report on outcomes, tactics, and program evolution to internal teams (executives as well as the company at large)
- Coordinate and manage executive team as spokespeople, including creating positioning, facilitating training, and producing executive communications ranging from ghostwriting to prep for broadcast.
- Create systematic programs to scale our communications efforts (e.g. across social media, media outlets, customer feedback forums, etc.)
- Maintain an always-on program that monitors our communications programs and reputation, with response and escalations protocols that maximize opportunities as well as mitigate risk
- Build dashboards and reports as part of the company’s performance management engine
Your Unique Attributes
- Inspiring storytelling capabilities
- Able to discern subtleties and sensitivities within written materials for a global audience
- Perfectionism about the work you and your team create regarding logic, clarity, language, and information design
- Dedication to best practice in driving an effective partnership with PR agencies
- Composure under pressure with a reputation for delivering
- Ability to prioritize based on outcomes, and structure and a hunger for learning and growth, allowing you to embrace failure and change, leading to improvement
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!