Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – DevOps Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
H-D-Connect: Harley Davidson LiveWire, powered by Panasonic
What you will get to do:
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team at OneConnect by Panasonic. In this role, you will work on a cross-functional team of engineers and creatives to build and support the infrastructure necessary to efficiently deliver the next generation device management platform. You will live and breathe AWS and help to define and bring to bear the latest best practices in IaC, high availability, fault tolerance, and operational excellence.
- Build, test, and ship new infrastructure in support of Product Development
- Continuously improve infrastructure provisioning automation, CI/CD pipelines, and operational excellence in the cloud
- Collaborate with Development to improve services availability, resiliency, and elasticity through monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems design
- Monitor performance of systems in AWS, including overall system health, reliability, performance and cost
- Code reviews, architecture walk throughs, and cross functional team knowledge transfer
- Research and recommend new technologies as well as reliability and operational emerging practices
- Work with an on-shore and off-shore developers on implementing solutions that are not only resilient but cost effective
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Analyze requirements and develop solutions, setup process standards for operations and maintenance of deployed products
- Build, test, document and ship new Infrastructure as Code (IaC) leveraging all things AWS: Terraform, CodePipeline (CircleCI, GitHub Actions), ECS/EKS (Docker), Lambda (Python, Node.js, Golang), CloudWatch, Route53, S3, CloudFront, Cognito, and more!
- Participate in an on-call rotation for critical outages and issues. Our rotation includes all developers shipping code to production, not just DevOps
- Improve existing Infrastructure, with peer review
- Monitor production systems and proactively create or improve alarms to surface mission-critical alerts immediately and to route less-critical alerts to the appropriate teams for triage
- Work with engineers, architects, designers, and product managers in an Agile environment to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible solution every month
- Stay up to date on new AWS services and features, DevOps best practices, and industry news via AWS Blogs, local Meetups, etc, and share these findings with the greater team
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience in the following areas:
- Software Configuration Management (SCM),
- Change Management
- Build Management
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Deploying and Releasing the Code from one Environment to other Environment
- Ability to understand requirements in ambiguous problem spaces.
- Proven track record in working with customers, engineers in defining system requirements from high level product specifications.
- Proven track record in ensuring team successfully accomplishes stated project or functional goals and objectives.
- Participate in the innovation process, bringing your unique technical view on new concepts to the table.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering and manufacturing teams to optimize components for maximum performance.
- General interest in technology, ability to learn and adapt new technology and architectures.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to converse orally and in writing with global team members.
- Effectively communicate with developers and management to convey the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Work with technical architects and developers to finalize the architecture and design.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- We’re passionate about growth and achieving what no one else thought was possible, so even if you don’t meet every qualification but think you can be successful, we encourage you to apply and tell us about how you can contribute to that vision
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $110,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 10% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.