Panasonic – DevOps Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team at CIRRUS by Panasonic. In this role, you will work on a cross-functional team of engineers and creatives to build and support the infrastructure necessary to power the next generation of traffic management software solutions. You will live and breathe AWS and help to define and bring to bear the latest best practices in IaC, high availability, fault tolerance, and operational excellence.
- Build, test, and ship new infrastructure in support of product development
- Continuously improve infrastructure provisioning automation, CI/CD pipelines, and operational excellence in the cloud
- Collaborate with Development to improve services availability, resiliency, and elasticity through monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems design
- Improve auditability, config management, and network architecture
- Code reviews, architecture walk throughs, and cross functional team knowledge transfer
- Process ceremonies, such as agile ceremonies, planning meetings, and team meetings
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- 2-3+ years of Linux experience and associated tools/languages, building and running systems for high availability Internet-facing services, with understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform, and scale
- 3+ years of development of systems management and administration automation in Python, Ruby, or Bash/Shell
- 2-3+ years of Amazon Web Services experience, including strong knowledge of at least 5 AWS primitives
- Deep IaC tooling experience, including AWS CloudFormation
- Experience in 24x7 production environments, on-call
- You pride yourself in establishing clear SLAs and believe any downtime incurred is an opportunity for improvement.
- Build, test and ship new Infrastructure as Code (IaC) leveraging all things AWS: CloudFormation, CodePipeline, ECS (Docker), Lambda (Python, Node.js, Golang), CloudWatch, Route53, S3, CloudFront, Cognito, and more!
- Improve existing Infrastructure, via Git Pull Requests with peer review
- Monitor production systems and proactively create or improve alarms to surface mission-critical alerts immediately and to route less-critical alerts to the appropriate teams for triage
- Participate in an on-call rotation for critical outages and issues. Our rotation includes all developers shipping code to production -- not just Ops -- and we believe this is essential for product success
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers, and senior leadership in an Agile environment to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible solution every quarter
- Stay up to date on new AWS services and features, DevOps best practices, and industry news via AWS Blogs, YC/HN, Twitter, Slack, local Meetups, etc, and share these findings with the greater team
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.