This position is responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of refrigeration systems and mechanical devices.
- Develops and design products, systems, sub-systems and components in conjunction with engineering, marketing, production and sales. Generates 3D models of complete systems indicating framing, components and interconnecting piping. Prepares drawings that indicate part dimensions, quantities of materials to be used, load capacity, etc.
- Ability to model & draft using Solid Edge, or similar 3D CAD tool.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Explain concepts to manufacturers and production personnel.
- Able to perform design work and CAD duties with minimum supervision.
- Must have good communicate skills with Engineers and factory personnel on design issues and changes.
- Be able to work in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and ERP (Bill of Material) systems for part numbers and any other data that may be required.
- Be able to contact Vendors for appropriate Step files or drawings to assist in creating Part Numbers.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects to create 3D models.
Formal Education Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Years of experience: 2-5 Years.