This position is responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of refrigeration systems and mechanical devices.
- Develops and design products, systems, sub-systems and components in conjunction with engineering, marketing, production and sales. Generates 3D models of complete systems indicating framing, components and interconnecting piping. Prepares drawings that indicate part dimensions, quantities of materials to be used, load capacity, etc.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Proficient with creating and maintaining component and drawing libraries.
- Generates 3D models of complete systems indicating framing, components and interconnecting piping.
- Create drawings on Hussmann standard formats. (Purchased parts, sheet metal and assemblies).
- Develop detailed designs for mechanical equipment using Solid Edge or Solid Works.
- Produce piping Drawings – Solid Edge or Solid Works.
- Resolve design problems and review and analyze specifications.
- Technical Associates Degree or two-year Technical Certificate
- 5 + years of design drafting experience
- Solid Edge or Solid Works required
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Explain concepts to manufacturers and production personnel.
- Able to perform design work and CAD duties with minimum supervision.
- Must have good communicate skills with Engineers and factory personnel on design issues and changes.
- Be able to work in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and ERP (Bill of Material) systems for part numbers and any other data that may be required.
- Be able to contact Vendors for appropriate Step files or drawings to assist in creating Part Numbers.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects to create 3D models.
- Additional CAD training preferable