The Design Drafter is responsible for delivering drafting and support services to the sales department. The primary accountabilities include the timely and accurate production of drawing sets for sales and construction purposes. Document management and engineering support are also required. Designer Drafters interact with the development, programmer, and Manufacturing Engineer to develop CAD models and engineering drawings to support the production of prototypes, final design, manufacturing, and quality specifications.
What You'll Do...
- Work with senior engineering and sales staff to provide comprehensive drawing sets.
• Work on Revit Families creation and parametric work, including shared parameters file/library.
• Produce Revit detailed layout drawings utilizing supermarket construction methods.
• Correspond with field installation personnel to continually improve design concepts.
• Apply knowledge of applicable codes in the development of project drawings.
• Maintain organized job files and supervise archiving of documents.
• Develop and maintain drafting standards.
• Follow document/drawing management procedures to ensure proper document control maintained.
• Assure that proper review processes are followed prior to the release of documents.
• Assist engineering staff and the sales department in the creation of proposal and bid documents.
• Interface with factory personnel to obtain submittal and design data for manufactured equipment.
• Assist the engineering staff with load calculation, line sizing and equipment specification.
What You'll Bring...
- Associates Degree in Design/Drafting, Bachelors Degree in an Engineering Discipline preferred
•Up to 2 years of Revit experience
• Knowledge of supermarket refrigeration systems.
• Able to travel for site surveys and project reviews.
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Excel and Revit and CAD.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with sales personnel, engineers/architects, vendors, trade representatives and customers.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A Robust Benefits Package that is effective on your first day
- 401k Match
- Competitive Compensation
- Work-Life Balance
- Career Advancement
THE HUSSMANN® PROMISE:
CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING THE MOST CUSTOMER-FOCUSED
SOLUTIONS IN THE FOOD RETAILING INDUSTRY
BETTER BUSINESS ּ BETTER PARTNERS ּ BETTER WORLD