Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Deployment Software Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This role will contribute to the V2X Deployment Solutions Research and Development team in the development and integration of software on aftermarket V2X On-Board Units for deployment into State DOT fleet and general public vehicles.
What You’ll Bring:
This role reports to the CIRRUS/V2X Deployment Solutions Group Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong understanding of data structures, multithreading, Object-Oriented Programming, and the Model-View-Controller design pattern.
- 3+ years of Android programming that include designing GUIs with rich graphics and smooth animation, leveraging animation threads, SurfaceView, SurfaceHolder, BitmapFactory, Canvas, full screen mode, etc.
- Experience with C (or C++) application programming on Embedded Linux Systems including cross-compilation, cross-debugging using GNU ARM toolchains.
- Experience with network programming using TCP/UDP sockets, Web sockets, MQTT and/or HTTP; preferably in C or Java.
- Be fluent around the Linux shell and able to write basic Bash scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience using Git/GitHub with good source code documentation habits.
- Experience with V2X systems evaluation and optimization a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable working with test bench environments and high-level electronics troubleshooting.
- Basic know-how in building and modifying test cables.
- Experience defining and developing Software Development Kits (SDK) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) for working with subcontractor development teams
- Preferred familiarity with developing software code for production grade platforms.
- Preferred experience in building small web front-ends tools to support/facilitate internal development, debugging, validation tests, and automating tasks is always welcome.
- Preferred experience in updating remote Android apps in embedded devices.
- Preferred experience with software test suites and test-driven development
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to manage meetings
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technical skills required (MS Office, database skills – e.g. SQL, requirements management software)
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- GIS experience preferred
- Familiarity with modern PKI security models and security applications required for ITS systems preferred.
- Highly collaborative
- Clear, concise, and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly to suppliers, and within the team.
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups frequently.
- Possible travel up to 5-10%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $90,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 10% based on individual and company performance.”
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.