Panasonic – Demand/Inventory Planner
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Advise customer on any discrepancy on the purchase order: price, ship-to location, method of shipping etc.
- Work with planning on availability of materials if it is a new inquiry from customer or if information is not updated in SAP and also advise customers on any delays in production.
- Order fulfillment and processing assigned accounts.
- Manage all activities to accept, process, deliver and bill customer orders including communication with other Logistics and factory personnel.
- Help the Credit Department on payments of past due invoices or generate Credit Memos and Debit Memos due to price discrepancy, incorrect freight charges, etc.
- Work with the Logistics Department and factory when MRA’s are issued. Contact customer in regards price discrepancy, returns; advise shipping schedule, redirect customer inquiry to appropriate department.
- Provide shipping documents or any shipping information (tracking no., P.O.D.’s, etc.) requested by customer.
- For a SCM member assigned to ISO 9001 coordinator within the department, these are the periodic activities:
- Maintaining ISO 9001 procedures and coordinate changes with management. Participate and prepare necessary information for internal and external audits. Submit on time delivery results to management and ISO 9001 team, review result and work with SCM members to develop an action plan for improvements. For SCM member assigned to special invoicing process, chop, sign and email China account invoices and upload invoicing into customer portal. Ensure invoice hard copies are sent via UPS to the customer.
- Check EOM (end of month) sales vs BME (beginning of the month sales estimation) and report sales risk weekly.
- Enter Sample orders or service orders in the system (bill customer for tooling, parts, etc.) Advise salesperson on any issues related to past due invoices, or customer’s credit line. Send request to Master Data to add/change ship-to locations, carriers and update customer master.
What You'll Bring:
- Two year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in demand planning, inventory management or related field required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants to PNA are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.