Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to enrich our lives and make life better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage with a Health Spending Account
- Panasonic Retirement Pension Plan (RPP/DCPP)
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Generous Parental Leave Top Up
- Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Competitive Rates on Home and Auto Insurance
- Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
Panasonic Canada Inc. Hybrid Work Model
Panasonic Canada Inc. supports a hybrid work model. We understand that flexibility is essential for employees to do their best work while also balancing personal and life needs. Employees can expect to be in the office for a variable number of days per week based on the needs of the business unit, while having the ability to also work remote.
Panasonic Canada Inc. offers a Flexible Work Options policy which includes the ability to work remote, mobile, and create a compressed work schedule.
Develops, evaluates, communicates, recommends, and implements changes to the demand forecast. Processes orders, executes, and communicates with collaborative customer(s). Reviews sales, market, and non-routine information, analyzes trends, sell-thru, and new product data and makes recommendations. Communicates with all levels of sales and marketing staff, prepares reports, and participates in consensus. Participates in support activities in the event of absence of department staff. Builds and maintains business relationships with sales, marketing, MIS, and key customers.
Please note this is a full-time opportunity.
- Monitors and releases orders for collaborative partner(s). Closely monitors inventory levels to ensure orders are processed in a timely manner. Key liaison with collaborative partner(s) providing information regarding shipments, forecasts, order status, product availability, timing of shipments both inbound and outbound.
- Provides ad hoc reports as required to support order management for specified customer(s). Processes return authorizations and credit notes based on pre-determined criteria, including refused shipments, price adjustments and defective product returns.
- Develops a demand plan through the demand planning process. Supports continuous improvement initiatives and recommends and implements changes to the demand planning process when appropriate. Develops a consensus forecast that indicates forecasted demand for an eight-month period based on history and POS data.
- Provides solutions to exceptions and alerts created by IBP and makes recommendations or adjustments for non-routine items or issues. Participates in consensus meetings by providing analysis, recommendations, and expertise. Consolidates the demand plan upon consensus. Communicates the approved plan to stakeholders.
- Reviews forecast accuracy, research, and analyzes deviations from target, and makes recommendations to improve accuracy. Participates in team resolution of issues.
- Liaises with sales and marketing departments to determine non-routine or extra-ordinary items, and adjusts the forecast, makes recommendations, and on approval makes changes. Prepares reports, conducts research, seeks to improve forecasting accuracy, and communicates expertise.
- Releases inventory held based on demand plan or sales contracts when it is apparent that the inventory will go unsold, where necessary obtains approval. Evaluates the effectiveness of actions and makes improvements. Communicates with management problem, issues, or errors.
- Processes and distributes sell-through data as provided by partner(s). Some validation is required to ensure information received is accurate.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- College Diploma, Logistics and Supply Chain Managements. APICS certification with a minimum of 2-3 years’ work-related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, and Outlook. A high-level understanding of SAP and specifically the APO, Business Warehouse, and R/3 modules of SAP.
- Requires significant problems solving skills to resolve demand planning issues when dealing with APO statistical forecasts, product lifecycle factors, customer sell-thru, and new product introductions to develop accurate demand plans.
- Development of plan based on demand theory with no trends to back up decisions. Also, when releasing inventory that is reserved in the demand planning process, as it requires the knowledge of sales that are upcoming or postponed, specifically negotiated contracts, and back-order situations.
- Majority of work involves working in teams to reach consensus on the forecast, facilitating and or participating in meetings, establishing, and maintaining rapport and business relations to effectively gather and give information that influences consensus.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with sales, marketing, MIS, and department staff in order to ensure the information provided for the demand planning process is relevant and timely.
- Works independently researching customer profiles and sell through trends. Communicates, and accepts the communication of bad news.
How to Apply
Please apply via email at [email protected]. Please include a PDF copy of your current resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for
job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.