- Will establish a trusted advisor relationship with internal technical Business Unit (BU) teams. Collaborate with BU technical and commercial teams to help drive product architecture and design. Provides strategic input into the company data lake strategy. Reviews and approves various data architecture designs submitted by BU architects and technical teams. Evangelize PAC data lake capabilities to BU architects and technical teams.
- Lead the strategy, architecture design, development, implementation, and maintenance of complex data platform, data management systems and solutions in the cloud
- Create and maintain current and target state architecture for cloud-based data platform, cloud-based analytics, and big data architectures.
- Define and manage enterprise data principles, technology standards, data quality standards, guidelines, and processes to ensure data quality
- Establish and lead an enterprise data governance council working with business and technology stakeholders
- Consult with external industry leading data and cloud providers to ensure data platform, warehouse and big data technology solutions are in alignment with PAC data architecture principles and target state
- Evaluate, Evangelize and operationalize next generation Big Data platform and analytics technologies.
- Leverage DevOps, CI and Automation for provisioning, operation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of data platform and analytics services in AWS cloud environment
- Oversight data platform and warehouse maintenance, optimization, life-cycle management and configuration tuning in AWS cloud environments.
- Perform Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and execution in accordance with RPO/RTO and defined SLAs as per enterprise needs
- Lead building of distributed, scalable, and reliable Big Data and Enterprise data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Create and provide data environments and/or data sets to serve a wide range of data users, including but not limited to Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Business Analysts.
- Lead Architecture, design and implementation of Data Lake, Data Platform and Big Data Infrastructure in AWS cloud environment
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause of complex data provenance, metadata issues and engineering questions that may involve interfacing with various technical staff in multiple organizations and with differing levels of expertise.
- Define and Develop tools and procedures to monitor performance and health of all data platforms and systems.
- Author complex extract, transform and load (ETL) scripts for moving and curating data into data sets for storage and use by a Data Lake, data warehouse and Data Mart.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10 years of professional experience as a senior data architect or principal data architect in large enterprises
- 5 years of experience with AWS cloud and AWS Big Data computing design, provisioning, and tuning.
- Desired Certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Database-Specialty, AWS Certified Data Analytics-Specialty, AWS Certified Machine Learning-Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect-Professional.
- Previous experience as a Data Engineer / Database Administrator and/or Business Intelligence Analyst is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel (roughly 10% of the time
Salary range: 150-250K + base, plus bonus