The Data Scientist acts as the data analytical expert at the company, creating processes for data modeling and identifying business problems based on highly technical use of all datasets. The Data Scientist will apply advanced statistical methods and modeling to proactively explore key datasets based on business need. This role will define the statistical modeling standards and assist with educating other analyst team members on best practices. Additionally, the Data Scientist will identify gaps in existing data that would lead to further meaningful data insights for business use.
- Collaborate with other internal and external team members to identify business cases for new analytical model creation
- Create and implement strategy for analytical modeling from start to end based on business need (data access, processing and aggregation and model creation, deployment, and verification)
- Apply advanced statistical methods and data modeling processes to create algorithms based on business case
- Verify data models with subject matter experts and monitor the model’s efficacy in production
- Define standard processes for modeling data and train fellow scientists and analysts on best practices for data model creation
- Act as subject matter expert for advanced analytical techniques (statistical analytics, machine learning, deep learning, etc.)
- Explore areas of gaps in existing datasets for kickstarting new data acquisition projects based on business case
- Research and monitor new related technologies and systems and develop strategies for implementing advanced analytical modeling for business use
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, etc.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with big datasets in the following stages: acquisition, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Expert understanding and knowledge in algorithms and advanced statistics
- Experience with advanced analytical techniques (statistical analytics, machine learning, deep learning, etc.)
- Programming skills for data science required (SQL, Python, R, Java, Matlab, etc.)
- Experience with developing data modeling processes and critical thinking mindset
- Must be able to learn and understand equipment capabilities, operation flow, and data flow logics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, ability to describe technical theory to technical and non-technical audience
- Good project management and organizational skills required
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 50%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.