Panasonic – Data Engineer Intern (Summer 2020)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The role of this Data Engineer Intern position on the CIRRUS by Panasonic team is to primarily work on updating and enhancing data pipelines and features that will help drive our analytics forward. Activities will include working in AWS to create Python ETL jobs, cleaning and analyzing data, and generating reports and insights for Tableau and other analytic platforms. CIRRUS by Panasonic is building a next-generation data aggregation and visualization platform for the transportation industry, and your work will directly affect the health and safety of drivers on roadways!
- Working on data pipelines, data cleansing and analysis, report generation
- Create tests for all work done.
- Work on building and revamping existing code along with documentation.
- Code reviews, architecture walk throughs and cross functional team knowledge transfer.
- Work with Data Science and Deployment on new analytics data sources
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Coding experience with Python and SQL.
- Experience with data integration and data movement.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree or prior experience in the field.
- Data Science experience
- AWS experience with any core technologies (EMR, Kinesis, S3, Glue, Athena)
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Must communicate with remote employees daily
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.