Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Interact with department representatives and data analyst to design and build BI tools and data structure solutions that meet business requirements.
- Understand dynamics of product development and carefully choose each feature or analytic and its representation.
- Applying technical design and development skills to the creation of database programs
- Develop and support new and existing databases and dashboards.
- Participate in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture and warehousing approaches.
- Design, code, test, and aggregate results from SQL queries to provide information to users.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Improve efficiency, accuracy, and validity of the data between systems used throughout the factory.
- Implement logic to further utilize data more efficiently.
- Continuously deepen your knowledge
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of professional or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Programming skills required (ex. Python, SQL, Java, C++, etc.)
- BI/Statistical Analysis Software proficiency preferred (ex: Tableau, Jump, ARCGIS, etc.)
- High understanding of platforms (ex. Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)
- Understanding of SDLC preferred
- End-to-end experience with data: querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Must be able to learn and understand equipment capabilities, operation flow, and data flow logics.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to walk through out the factory extensively.
- Excellent communication skills required.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.