Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Our Information Security Engineer leads the support efforts of new or existing corporate information security projects, with regards to requirements definition, documentation, implementation, and communication of requirements, working directly with customers, business, and other IT entities.
- Active in the life-cycle management of multiple hardware and software technologies designed to protect information.
- Maintain process and or procedures for security technologies.
- Prepare periodic reports on risk analysis reviews, security compliance reviews, and security incidents, etc.
- Support security solution development with operational feedback and evaluations.
- Participate in activities of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- Monitor for new security threats and makes recommendations for additional controls.
- Identify security risks to the organization and recommend corrective actions.
- Triage, resolve, and document security incidents and escalations through analysis and troubleshooting.
Security Design and Implementation
- Draft solution specifications and develop requirements for new information security systems, configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of projects and initiatives.
- Prepare documentation of designs and requirements for new information security systems, configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of projects and initiatives.
- Conduct design reviews of requirements implementation.
- Working knowledge in the implementation/administration of secure networks, firewalls and intrusion-detection/prevention systems.
- Familiarity regarding common attacks, attack methods, and defense architectures.
- Experience in four or more of the following Enterprise Security Technologies:
- Network Intrusion Prevention/Detection (IPS/IDS)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Virtual Private Networks
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Network Access Controls (NAC)
- Next-Gen enterprise class firewalls
- Encryption technologies
- Vulnerability scanning tools
- Application scanning tools
- Skillful ability to coordinate with security engineering, employees, vendors, and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, system level definition capabilities, and customer service skills.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- May provide guidance to other technical positions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- Industry recognized security certifications; CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISM: Certified Information Security Manager, GIAC: SANS Global Information Assurance Certification etc.
- 8+ years’ experience in an Information Technology role, with 3+ years specific to an Information Security role.
- May require up to 20% travel both domestic and international.
- This individual may be on call 24/7 shared with the group.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.